Limited Slip for 6-Speed Manual - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Limited Slip for 6-Speed Manual

So I've been posting about this over on my facebook group, but thought I would put it here for easy access. Last night I did some research and tried to find out where else Hyundai (and Kia) were using the 6-speed manual that comes with the ES. A little bit of digging after someone mentioned that Bisimoto had an LSD for the 1.8/2.0L N/A cars, I came up with some matching gear ratios and a part number for the 2.0L trans but not much else. I put together a small spreadsheet of the ratios based on official numbers from Hyundai (see attachment below).

A further search this morning pulled up a custom Quaife LSD available for the Veloster Turbo at Pierce Motorsport, so I shot them an email and received this response:

2012-2017 Hyundai Veloster and Turbo Quaife Limited Slip Differential - Pierce Motorsports

Quote:
Hello there-I believe they will fit---we haven't actually seen the trans apart (and probably wont for a while), but looking at axles and ratios they appear to be the same.

Regards,

Jim Pierce
The price is quite high at $1,699 but I am wondering if we can get several people to commit to a purchase, maybe we can get a group buy discount or something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ratios.png
Views:	301
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1434  

'17 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Idol
Oosh! that's pricey, and we haven't even talked install. If there were a group buy with something more than a 10% discount I would be interested.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

I asked about a group buy discount and Jim said they could probably do something. Apparently they are "quite expensive to modify".

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Idol
I would imagine it would be. It's a fairly complex device.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
So I've been posting about this over on my facebook group, but thought I would put it here for easy access. Last night I did some research and tried to find out where else Hyundai (and Kia) were using the 6-speed manual that comes with the ES. A little bit of digging after someone mentioned that Bisimoto had an LSD for the 1.8/2.0L N/A cars, I came up with some matching gear ratios and a part number for the 2.0L trans but not much else. I put together a small spreadsheet of the ratios based on official numbers from Hyundai (see attachment below).

A further search this morning pulled up a custom Quaife LSD available for the Veloster Turbo at Pierce Motorsport, so I shot them an email and received this response:

2012-2017 Hyundai Veloster and Turbo Quaife Limited Slip Differential - Pierce Motorsports

The price is quite high at $1,699 but I am wondering if we can get several people to commit to a purchase, maybe we can get a group buy discount or something.
Love that you founds this, but hate the price.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:51 PM

Found this in a search. Curious if anythings been found since?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofthekorn View Post
Found this in a search. Curious if anythings been found since?
It fits for sure, nobody has spent the money yet though.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM

Garage
I'm not afraid of spending a little money.

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Manual | Ceramic White
Metro Detroit

I work at a Chevrolet/Hyundai dealer; let me know if I can help!

248-882-0883 | [email protected]
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:11 PM

Has anyone bought this yet? Do we know for sure that it fits? I'm seriously considering it. I think this makes alot more sense as an upgrade than a bigger turbo on this car (which just exaggerates our traction problems). Makes the car faster in a very functional way without blowing up your motor.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
Has anyone bought this yet? Do we know for sure that it fits? I'm seriously considering it. I think this makes alot more sense as an upgrade than a bigger turbo on this car (which just exaggerates our traction problems). Makes the car faster in a very functional way without blowing up your motor.
I was 99% in for doing it, then after talking with Josh at KDM Tuners I decided not to. The LSD itself is not actually made for our cars, they have to send them off to a machine shop and have them modified. Hence why it's so expensive. The reason I decided against it was the fact that I was told it's super clunky and noisy. Good for a track toy, not the best idea for a daily driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page