Race Chip RS Unboxing - Page 11 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSOCRUZ View Post
Yes, I spoke with Daniel there and I have also placed an order and will pick it up from there since Im also in Sydney. I'll do a dyno next Thursday without the chip and then do another one after and see if its a thumbs up or a flop.

I also ordered the XLR throttle response thingy to test. Will update with results too ey.
Have you have any contact with Racechip in regards to your order?? IE: an ETA when you will be able to collect..

I'm also thinking on doing a Dyno test when I get it fitted. To see the difference between stock, Sport & Race on the App..
post #102 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:33 AM

Garage
No cause I spent the money on wheels and tyres first hehehe. I couldnt resist the Motegi M131 and Bridgestone Potenza RE003.

FEB 2K17 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 6MT (Australia)
post #103 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
I'm in Bassendean, we'll figure something out when you get it all going, very keen to hear what you think!
Still waiting for the Racechip to be delivered. According to the distributor, I should of had it last week..

Waiting to here back from them as they need to get in touch with Germany. And now with it being Easter long weekend.
It may just be that little bit longer of a wait..

post #104 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:18 PM

Garage
Could I kindly ask for a roll call of everyone that actually has a product from RaceChip?

Would be nice to get a collection of everyone that has actually gone through and purchased one of these piggy backs.
If you good folks wouldn't mind including:
-What model
-Other mods/bolt ons installed
-and a yay or nay statement it would be greatly appreciated

According to RaceChip, there's no need for higher octane than 91, different than stock spark plugs or any other changes unless you're running in Race Mode + (setting 7 on the GTS) any opinions on this?

Here is the email I got from RaceChip when I inquired for reference:
"Ivan Diaz (RaceChip US)
Apr 3, 19:07 CEST

Dear Michael ,

Thank you for contacting the RaceChip US Customer Service.

Unfortunately, I do not have that Dyno chart readily available. I do apologize for this. However, we are so confident in the results that you can test the performance by yourself before and after installing the RaceChip. If you are not satisfied with the performance gains, simply return the product using our 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

We are a completely plug and play product. There is no need for a tune. Just spend the 15-20 minutes doing the install, drive around for 25 miles or so in one of our mild tunes for the ECU to learn the new air to fuel mixture, and your car will will automatically learn the new values using the ECU and sensors. After the 25 miles, put the chip on the more aggressive tune and feel the increased performance.

Each level on the RaceChip is a more aggressive tune.
-Map 0 will be the car back in stock condition. Perfect for valet's, someone borrowing your car, or even going in for service.
-Map 1 and 2 will be the economy modes. Perfect for a road trip and maximizing fuel economy.
-Map 3 and 4 will be our sport modes. A nice balance of power and torque over stock with smooth acceleration.
-Map 5 and 6 are the Race modes. Take your car to the next level with a significant increase to power and torque.
-Map 7 is Race+, based on maximizing the power and torque that your car can produce. Suggested for 93 octane, high quality 91 octane or a vehicle equipped with an aftermarket intake and exhaust. Maybe too aggressive for some drivers.

You can use any of our 3 RaceChip tuners to increase the performance on the car. Simply pick the device (S, RS, or GTS) that matches your desired performance increase or budget. The S is our entry level product, with the lowest price, but also the least increase to performance. The RS will be or middle level product, providing a nice jump in power and at an affordable price. The GTS will be our best product, providing the largest increase in power over stock.

You can find the products available. pricing, and performance increases for your car under the following link:

https://www.racechip.us/shop/hyundai...-195lb-ft.html

Should you require any more information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may simply reply to this message and a member of our team will get back to you."

Insert sarcastic, witty comment here.
post #105 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfitforpublic View Post
Could I kindly ask for a roll call of everyone that actually has a product from RaceChip?

Would be nice to get a collection of everyone that has actually gone through and purchased one of these piggy backs.
If you good folks wouldn't mind including:
-What model
-Other mods/bolt ons installed
-and a yay or nay statement it would be greatly appreciated

According to RaceChip, there's no need for higher octane than 91, different than stock spark plugs or any other changes unless you're running in Race Mode + (setting 7 on the GTS) any opinions on this?
[/B][/I]
I have the RS. I have done the intercooler resonator delete, BPV hose delete, PCV breather delete, exhaust resonator delete, and muffler delete. I've added the OEM-style intake from shark racing and currently have it attached to the super shorty pod filter adapter from Torque.

RaceChip told me 93 octane was recommended for settings 5&6 (I don't have a 7th setting on my RS) but 91 would work, you just get less power. I've been unable to tell the difference when I run 91 vs 91 + octane booster. They also told me stock plugs were fine but I will be dropping in HKS when they need replacement.

It's a yay from me, but I only have stock performance to judge it against. I didn't notice any performance bump after any other mod but after the chip was installed the change was obvious.
notfitforpublic likes this.
post #106 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No cause I spent the money on wheels and tyres first hehehe. I couldnt resist the Motegi M131 and Bridgestone Potenza RE003.
Wow, 18.6 lbs would be quite an upgrade over my Konig Tweak'd's 20.7. I hope I never have to replace my wheels but those are at the top of the list!
post #107 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
What did the lot set you back in AUD? Very interested to follow your results!
I must say, it's very slow going from Racechip.
Iv'e just sold my Torcon Intake to a guy over in Qld..
He also is waiting for his Racechip as well..
Not sure if it is the dealer here is Aus. Or with Racechip back in Germany..

Ohhh well. The wait continues
post #108 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
Indeed
post #109 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
I must say, it's very slow going from Racechip.
Iv'e just sold my Torcon Intake to a guy over in Qld..
He also is waiting for his Racechip as well..
Not sure if it is the dealer here is Aus. Or with Racechip back in Germany..

Any updates on the RC? Im bit concerned with the customer service reviews in google so Im reluctant to pull trigger on this chip.

FEB 2K17 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 6MT (Australia)
post #110 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Any updates on the RC? Im bit concerned with the customer service reviews in google so Im reluctant to pull trigger on this chip.
Agreed. Recent reviews with some pretty severe CS complaints, recent concerns here, and the canned email I got from them that didn't even address all my questions have me putting the brakes on this and looking at Lap3. I have an inquiry email out to Lap3 this weekend, I'll see how the response goes and make the call from there.

Insert sarcastic, witty comment here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page