Race Chip RS Unboxing - Page 12 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSOCRUZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
I must say, it's very slow going from Racechip.
Iv'e just sold my Torcon Intake to a guy over in Qld..
He also is waiting for his Racechip as well..
Not sure if it is the dealer here is Aus. Or with Racechip back in Germany..

Ohhh well. The wait continues
Any updates on the RC? Im bit concerned with the customer service reviews in google so Im reluctant to pull trigger on this chip.
My recommendation is spend the extra money get the Lap3 tune or any know reputable tune!
post #112 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:49 AM

Garage
Yes, Lap 3 would be nice but it's way too expensive to get over to Sydney Australia with the tax as well.
I know no tuners who knows our car to tune it.
Will maybe look into AFE Scorcher GT.

FEB 2K17 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 6MT (Australia)
post #113 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, Lap 3 would be nice but it's way too expensive to get over to Sydney Australia with the tax as well.
I know no tuners who knows our car to tune it.
Will maybe look into AFE Scorcher GT.
How much is the Lap3 for you guy's?

post #114 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared#87 View Post
Would be around ~$1300 AUD all said and done. It's pretty much the sole reason I'm thinking the RacechipS for $309 AUD

Last edited by birdman; 05-07-2019 at 07:51 AM.
post #115 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared#87 View Post
Would be around ~$1300 AUD all said and done. It's pretty much the sole reason I'm thinking the RacechipS for $309 AUD
I see your point!
post #116 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:01 PM

Just received my racechip. My only drive with it so far was in the rain so couldn't put down all the power. Buuut, the power increase on the butt dyno is there. It definitely pulls harder through first second and third gear. I have never had traction issues in 2nd even in the rain, maybe a little wheel hop, but it completely spun my tires through 5k rpm's and up in 2nd. My passenger also noticed the difference. I got the gts model. Would I say theres a whole 50 hp increase on mode 7? I'm not sure, but it for sure feels quicker and pulls harder.

Install was a little tricky considering its the first mod I've ever installed on my own but followed the instructions and finished in around 40 minutes.
birdman likes this.
post #117 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitcasecity View Post
Just received my racechip. My only drive with it so far was in the rain so couldn't put down all the power. Buuut, the power increase on the butt dyno is there. It definitely pulls harder through first second and third gear. I have never had traction issues in 2nd even in the rain, maybe a little wheel hop, but it completely spun my tires through 5k rpm's and up in 2nd. My passenger also noticed the difference. I got the gts model. Would I say theres a whole 50 hp increase on mode 7? I'm not sure, but it for sure feels quicker and pulls harder.

Install was a little tricky considering its the first mod I've ever installed on my own but followed the instructions and finished in around 40 minutes.
Mind testing it on mode 5 vs 0/off completely? I'm interested in the lowest model and would like to know if there is already a justifiable difference in power/throttle response etc.

@Purplehazeffc any word yet? it's been weeks!
post #118 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Mind testing it on mode 5 vs 0/off completely? I'm interested in the lowest model and would like to know if there is already a justifiable difference in power/throttle response etc.

@Purplehazeffc any word yet? it's been weeks!
@birdman

Iv'e not been a happy person.. Have not received it as of yet..
I ended up selling my Torcon intake to a guy in Queensland who also had a Racechip ordered around the same time as I did.
He only also received his last Friday.. So it has been a complete ****-fest..
I emailed him earlier this week & I have posted up his reply.. So hopefully should get it next week. Though I'm not holding my breath.

If you were to order one.. I would say order it direct from Racechip in Germany rather than from Ramspeed..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Racechip1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	16393  
post #119 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
@birdman

Iv'e not been a happy person.. Have not received it as of yet..
I ended up selling my Torcon intake to a guy in Queensland who also had a Racechip ordered around the same time as I did.
He only also received his last Friday.. So it has been a complete ****-fest..
I emailed him earlier this week & I have posted up his reply.. So hopefully should get it next week. Though I'm not holding my breath.

If you were to order one.. I would say order it direct from Racechip in Germany rather than from Ramspeed..

Are you able to dispute through Paypal? Or maybe not a good idea? I think the bloke is lying. Anyways, hope you get the item soon. But yah if you dont maybe just dispute it and ask for refund through paypal.

FEB 2K17 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 6MT (Australia)
post #120 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Are you able to dispute through Paypal? Or maybe not a good idea? I think the bloke is lying. Anyways, hope you get the item soon. But yah if you dont maybe just dispute it and ask for refund through paypal.
I have thought about putting through a dispute with PayPal.. But I do think it will turn up.

Though if not in the next week or 2 I think I will have no option.. Unfortunately

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page