23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 10:34 PM

Any thoughts to share yet?
post #132 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Any thoughts to share yet?
So far so good. Iv'e not had a lot of driving since installing. Due to having a bit of a headcold since Friday & generally not feeling well.

Iv'e mainly driven on map 4. And does that make a difference. Just a lot more responsive, especially in 3rd & 4th gear (manual) around town. Where without it felt quite flat.
Of course it feels great in 1st & 2nd. But always felt it dropped away in 3rd & 4th. Not anymore. And that's only with map 4 so far.
Also feels heaps better just cruising on the freeway in 6th. So far I'm very happy with it. Traction again can be a problem in 1st & 2nd. Even with my 235 wide Pirelli P Zero's
I have read other reviews saying it completely transforms the car. I wouldn't go that far. But it is something you can definitely feel by the seat of you pants.
I went with the App version. So I can change on the fly, or if the Mrs is driving lol. Pick below shows the app. You can have each Eco, Sport, Race. And put whatever map (6 maps) on that you wish.
With the non App version, you can only do that by adjusting the screw on the Racechip unit itself. They are separate units as well. You can't add the App to the non App version.

There is also another Australian distributor for the Racechip. As I wouldn't recommend going through Ramspeed. Going by the invoice I got. It was only ordered by them on the 3rd of July.
A big way different from my original order date of the 22nd March. And from then on saying he will chase it up.. Ohh Well, lessons learned.
https://www.cherry-tp.com.au/store/c12/Tuning.html

Still more than happy to give you a test drive if your still unsure.. But I'll say it's totally worth it.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190716_083900_com.racechip.plus.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	16513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190716_084133_com.racechip.plus.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	16515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190716_084126_com.racechip.plus.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	16517  
post #133 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:12 AM

Ok.. After a bit more time with the Racechip fitted..

Been driving around mainly on Map 4. **** it make a difference. I have got I30N wheels on my car with the 235/35 19 Pirelli P Zero's.
Even on Map 4, in 1st & 2nd there is less traction that it was std with the factory I30 SR wheels & 225/40 18 Hankook tyres.
It's been hard with the current weather we have been having. But fuel economy looks to be slightly up. But only around 0.1 - 0.3 lt/100
Mainly freeway driving to work ( Mandurah to Murdoch) But with rain & wind. It's prob pretty close..

Now Map 6... Now does this make a difference!! Does it bloody what! 1st & 2nd traction is, well not much of it lol. You need to be careful with the throttle.
But when you get it right.. Takes off like a scalded cat.. 3rd gear now is almost like what 2nd gear is std. Though most of the power seems to be higher up in the RPM.

The down side to Map 6.. Fuel usage. Not from just putting your foot down. but even just normal cruising.. IE: Normally at 110kp/h on cruise control.
The instant fuel readout std, reads between 6.0 - 6.4 lt/100. With Map 6, it was reading 7.4 - 7.8 lt/100. 6am Sunday morning coming home from work.
And the average for the entire trip home was 7.5 lt/100 Where normally std its around the 6.2 lt/100. And I have only been running 95 octane since Iv'e had the car

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter

post #134 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
Ok.. After a bit more time with the Racechip fitted..

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter
Awesome dude, so with the S, it has 5 maps total, is map 5 on the S what you mean is between maps 3 and 4? or would map 5 be like map 4.5 on the RS?
post #135 of 155 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Awesome dude, so with the S, it has 5 maps total, is map 5 on the S what you mean is between maps 3 and 4? or would map 5 be like map 4.5 on the RS?
I would say it would be Map 3.5 on the RS. But trying out the different Maps. I can"t feel much difference between Maps 3 & 4 anyway
birdman likes this.
post #136 of 155 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not sure if youíre still interested in the RaceChip, but I didnít take note of what hooks up where when I removed my RaceChip for dealer servicing and when I e-mailed them for instructions,
birdman likes this.
post #137 of 155 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 PM

That is a very good video. And it is as easy as that.. I would say 30 mins from start to finish..

Iv'e been very, very happy with mine. With no problems whatsoever. Yes it does use more fuel. Up to 1.5lt per 100k's
But also if you drive economically. It can use the same as it does stock. Iv'e seen a best of 5.8lt per 100ks & a worse of 7.2lt per 100ks
For exactly the same driving route I go to work. Which is almost 60 klms one way. Also I have always used 95 ron fuel (which is 91 in the US)

I am also still running with the stock spark plugs. At this stage I don't feel a need to change them out. I had a look at them after a cpl of months running the Racechip.
And they still look the same as they did before I installed the Racechip. Iv'e been running mainly on Map 6. Which gives me 180kw - 242hp & 362nm - 267ft-lb
Which you can feel as instant throttle response.. For ease of use, 100% recommend. It's not the best product, as a custom tune would be better with a spare ECU.
But for the price & just a little bit more performance.. I'm happy
birdman likes this.
post #138 of 155 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:13 AM

I have an R version of the Racechip on my 2019 N Line. But it threw a code on my ECU putting my car in limp mode. Torbo Overboost. I cleared the error and the car is fine now but the chip was sent back to be updated. It's been over a week and I have not heard from RaceChip and I am getting impatient. If I don't get some sort of feedback, I may refund and get a DTE which is more money but has more cred in terms of proven performance claims.
post #139 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitcasecity View Post
Just received my racechip. My only drive with it so far was in the rain so couldn't put down all the power. Buuut, the power increase on the butt dyno is there. It definitely pulls harder through first second and third gear. I have never had traction issues in 2nd even in the rain, maybe a little wheel hop, but it completely spun my tires through 5k rpm's and up in 2nd. My passenger also noticed the difference. I got the gts model. Would I say theres a whole 50 hp increase on mode 7? I'm not sure, but it for sure feels quicker and pulls harder.

Install was a little tricky considering its the first mod I've ever installed on my own but followed the instructions and finished in around 40 minutes.
I just ordered mine over the weekend, and it arrived much quicker than anticipated. How was it removing the airbox? I noticed on the Instillation guide that the boost pressure sensor is under it. might just take it to my family member whos a mechanic. I don't have any tools whatsoever. Also, where did you end up placing the module? Looking Forward to fitting this to my car, probably this weekend.

2019 Elantra sport/ DCT/intense blue
post #140 of 155 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemtwin View Post
I just ordered mine over the weekend, and it arrived much quicker than anticipated. How was it removing the airbox? I noticed on the Instillation guide that the boost pressure sensor is under it. might just take it to my family member whos a mechanic. I don't have any tools whatsoever. Also, where did you end up placing the module? Looking Forward to fitting this to my car, probably this weekend.
I see you have a '19+. Fair warning people were having issues on the '19's with the AFE Scorcher (same type of device pretty much). May have abandoned it due to misfires and the car going into limp mode.

'17 Galactic Gray 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page