Race Chip RS Unboxing - Page 15 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
I see you have a '19+. Fair warning people were having issues on the '19's with the AFE Scorcher (same type of device pretty much). May have abandoned it due to misfires and the car going into limp mode.
Hmm.. good to know. I wonder if they were using stock plugs or not. if you could point me to any other feedback/experience that would be a huge help. Also, if anyone here has a '19 Elantra has a race chip or similar module, I'd definitely like to hear your experiences.... unless I'm the first

2019 Elantra sport/ DCT/intense blue
post #142 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemtwin View Post
Hmm.. good to know. I wonder if they were using stock plugs or not. if you could point me to any other feedback/experience that would be a huge help. Also, if anyone here has a '19 Elantra has a race chip or similar module, I'd definitely like to hear your experiences.... unless I'm the first
The only feedback you will find on the Race Chip is in this thread. Everyone in my facebook group has gone Scorcher (with some issues) Lap3 ProTuner or full ECU tune.

'17 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #143 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:

Mines not a 19 model. But I now had my Racechip RS for just over 3 months. I have not had a single problem at all.
And even on Map 6. I can still get the same fuel economy driving to work as I did without it.. I have always run with 95 ron (your 91) fuel & I'm on stock plugs

I wonder what has changed with the 19 models??

post #144 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I asked Race Chip about spark plugs when they installed it on my car ('17). They said stock plugs are fine, their tuning doesn't require cooler plugs. I've had mine for 8 months, no issues or complaints.
post #145 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebudda View Post
I asked Race Chip about spark plugs when they installed it on my car ('17). They said stock plugs are fine, their tuning doesn't require cooler plugs. I've had mine for 8 months, no issues or complaints.
Running this thing on the higher maps is no different from an ECU tune which usually requires colder plugs. So I don't really buy it.

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
post #146 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
Running this thing on the higher maps is no different from an ECU tune which usually requires colder plugs. So I don't really buy it.
I think it is the way Racechip goes about "programming" if that is the right word.
They do all the Chips on a completely stock engine. There is a video around that they made showing how they do it.
With the car being on a dyno, as they "program" the Racechip for each car..
post #147 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeffc View Post
I think it is the way Racechip goes about "programming" if that is the right word.
They do all the Chips on a completely stock engine. There is a video around that they made showing how they do it.
That's no different from a dyno tune, and in the end the outcome is the same-ish.

post #148 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Race Chip says when they recommend spark plug changes as they did with their Kia Stinger application. I've had no issues in the last 8 months with stock plugs, have you?
post #149 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebudda View Post
Race Chip says when they recommend spark plug changes as they did with their Kia Stinger application. I've had no issues in the last 8 months with stock plugs, have you?
Iv'e had no problems at all.. Starts, runs & drives just like it did stock. But with 40hp extra

Though on their website it mentions that you can get up to 15% in fuel savings.. When driven normally, I get what I used to get stock.
But when you use the extra power.. It uses quite a bit more
post #150 of 165 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Iv'e had no problems at all.. Starts, runs & drives just like it did stock. But with 40hp extra

Though on their website it mentions that you can get up to 15% in fuel savings.. When driven normally, I get what I used to get stock.
But when you use the extra power.. It uses quite a bit more
Have you put the car on a dyno yet? I'm a bit curious if their power claims are accurate. I've seen a Veloster N on a dyno with a Race Chip & Lap3 ProTuner comparison and the Race Chip did not make what they claimed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page