2017 ES - Base - Speaker Wiring Guide - Page 3 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja'Crispy View Post
There is only one pair of wires going to the front left and front right door speakers. Hyundai has their own crossover in each door. I have the feed coming into the woofers wired into my crossover signal input. Then run new wires to the new tweeters and woofers.
So if there is a crossover in the door, are the signals to the woofers LPF and the ones going to the tweeters HPF? Or do they only have a HPF on the tweeter signal?
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 10:31 PM

Garage
More than likely, yes. That is usually the way it is.

FYI i used to install stereo equipment for a living for many years.

2018 Elantra ES/Galactic Gray/DCT/Premium Package
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Alex001 View Post
More than likely, yes. That is usually the way it is.

FYI i used to install stereo equipment for a living for many years.
It seems to me that the crossover is only there for the tweeter, and that the woofer has the full range going to it. I put in aftermarket component speakers and only hooked up to the woofer line, and the highs are there in full as far as I can tell, both by sound and by a spectrum analyzer on my phone. Obviously not 100% definitive without actually checking, just sharing in case anyone else cares

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikadi View Post
It seems to me that the crossover is only there for the tweeter, and that the woofer has the full range going to it. I put in aftermarket component speakers and only hooked up to the woofer line, and the highs are there in full as far as I can tell, both by sound and by a spectrum analyzer on my phone. Obviously not 100% definitive without actually checking, just sharing in case anyone else cares
I'm actually starting to think I'm wrong here, and that the crossover is just of poor quality, at least on the woofer side. I get a whole bunch of frequency dips and weirdness during a frequency sweep/white noise spectrum analysis on one speaker at a time, and sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the wrong direction... It might be something weird with the cabin gain, but I'll see if I can get to the full range signal and report back if I find a difference.
Don_Alex001 likes this.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:53 PM

Good afternoon. Can someone suggest where I can feed through the power wire from the engine compartment. I have a 2018 elantra sport. Do I need to just drill a hole and caulk it when I'm done feeding the wire. And also I have the touch screen but not the navigation. What wire was the remote turn on? The pink one?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:46 AM

Ok part 2. I guess the pink wire was the remote turn on. All works except.. my usb plug that activates Android Auto doesnt turn on or charge the phone. Did I forget to put one of the plugs back in the back of the radio? Jeez louise. Any suggestions before I rip the radio out again. The only wires I touched were the 4 that control the rear speakers. I talked those for the line output converter. That LOC also needed a ground. I somehow accidentally cut a red and a black wire when I was trimming the jacket covering all the wires. Fml.. so I added the ground to the black one and spliced the red back in. No clue if that was the main power wire or not. All works and sounds good except the usb not functioning at all. Any suggestions folks.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 02:59 PM

The Pink wire is the remote turn on. Gets power Only when the car is turned on and turns off when the car turns off. Sub works perfectly. So again, the Pink wire which is the only one I saw in the back of the 2 white clusters is the remote turn on. And I figured out why the USB wasn't working. I accidentally forgot to plug it back in with the other 7 wires to be plugged in. A Line output converter is necessary also since these radios don't come with pre-amp outputs for the RCA jacks. I have the 7" touchscreen with no navigation.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 AM

Just realized I forgot to report back. I think the frequency dips are mostly cabin gain related. Initially I was still using the stock stereo, but it seriously puts out some garbage frequency response that seems to make the cabin gain issues a lot worse. I ended up (in this order) replacing speakers, trying a different more expensive set of speakers, amping them, adding a subwoofer, then replacing the stereo. Lesson (re)-learned, always replace the stereo first. I may have been fine with just the stereo replacement, if not I'd at least have been fine with the stereo and new speakers. Now I have a speaker amp and a subwoofer I probably wouldn't have bought, plus a whole bunch of extra wiring, and it still doesn't sound as good as I want due to cabin gain peakiness. So my advice to anyone who doesn't want to accidentally spend ~2,000 USD, just suck it up and replace the stereo with something that's decently configurable and supports what you need, and follow up with speakers. I do love my setup, I just wouldn't have gone that far if I had done things in the traditional order

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page