Exhausts-axle-backs...Torcon, JUN BL or SXTH, thoughts by those with them - Page 4 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

There is a chance, thanks to Mother Nature, that my buddy Hectour "might" be able to install the JUN BL axle-back tomorrow, fingers crossed

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-SXTH Element CPLT intake
-SXTH Element catch can, awaiting install
-Konig Oversteers 18 x 8 +45mm offset
-Motul XS3100 5w40
-Sport badge delete, TURBO badge from Veloster added
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Before:

During:

Afters!

This is EXACTLY how I wanted my car to sound, I couldn't be happier! I was looking for something between stock, which sounded pretty good...for stock and my old Abarth, this is it! Now I'm wondering this, what's the advantage to a mid-pipe? I know you can order one w/o a cat but you could go 2nd cat delete, right? I don't wanna mess with the resonator because there's NO annoying drone right now, would I have an issue just replacing the 2nd cat with a straight pipe or Vibrant X whatever resonator? I only wanna do the 2nd cat delete if it helps in hp/tq and/or doesn't change the tone because its nice a deeeep right now.

Thoughts?

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-Motul XS3100 5w40
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlasseAct View Post
This is EXACTLY how I wanted my car to sound, I couldn't be happier! I was looking for something between stock, which sounded pretty good...for stock and my old Abarth, this is it! Now I'm wondering this, what's the advantage to a mid-pipe? I know you can order one w/o a cat but you could go 2nd cat delete, right? I don't wanna mess with the resonator because there's NO annoying drone right now, would I have an issue just replacing the 2nd cat with a straight pipe or Vibrant X whatever resonator? I only wanna do the 2nd cat delete if it helps in hp/tq and/or doesn't change the tone because its nice a deeeep right now.

Thoughts?
I'm currently running stock downpipe with nothing in the midpipe and then the Jun BL. Normal driving around town it's not terrible, I don't really notice any drone. It is a bit louder overall, but I can say that the mid to full throttle tone of the exhaust I am not a fan of. My next step will be to install a 6" resonator to see if it changes.
KlasseAct likes this.

'17 Galactic Gray 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 AM

New exhaust looks great! Any plans to post a sound clip would love to hear it.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaximis View Post
New exhaust looks great! Any plans to post a sound clip would love to hear it.

I will get around to doing that for everybody but before I do I can tell you this, IMO the sound is between the stock system and my old Abarth w/ an MPx axle-back, which was also mufflerless except that system had mandrel bends and 4" tips. My thing is now, well not now but in the future, is to possibly replace the 2nd cat only. I don't see an advantage to getting a mid-pipe that has another cat, even a high-flow one and that Vibrant resonator, I mean, there's already one in the stock mid-pipe and it is a "tuned" exhaust afterall.

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-Motul XS3100 5w40
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:18 PM

Does the Jun BL exhaust use stock hanger slots? I thought I saw a photo on here where it didn't closer to the tips.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbutler_20 View Post
Does the Jun BL exhaust use stock hanger slots? I thought I saw a photo on here where it didn't closer to the tips.
That's an extra that requires a hanger be welded to the frame above it. Not sure if it's really needed, I plan on doing it just haven't got around to it.

'17 Galactic Gray 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page