Exhausts-axle-backs...Torcon, JUN BL or SXTH, thoughts by those with them - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Question Exhausts-axle-backs...Torcon, JUN BL or SXTH, thoughts by those with them

So I have the SXTH CPLT intake on order, its going to be my 1st performance mod but next is the exhaust and I have some questions. Right now I'm looking at axle-backs and its between the 3 in the title, Torcon, JUN BL and SXTH. Now the KDM offerings appear to be very nice, high quality pieces, as is the SXTH but the KDM offerings are probably using their own mufflers, whereas the SXTH is using a Vibrant offering. Now I've heard Vibrant mufflers in the past on cars and thought they were pretty nice sounding but how do these 3 REALLY compare to each other when it comes to sound? I've watched many YouTube videos and like what I'm hearing so far, its just that each system has a different shaped muffler, so the sound is going to be different or any of them actually just a resonater? I would appreciate any input here, post pics, thoughts, whatever you think would help me out here. I should also mention that I don't see myself doing a mid-pipe at some point but if I did it wouldn't be straight pipes, not interested in going that route, this isn't an Abarth, not even close.

BTW, I've heard several muffler-less vids and its not too bad after initial warm up and this isn't completely out of the mix because I have considered going with the SXTH muffler-less axle-back and seeing how it goes after a week, maybe less even and if need be, just order the Vibrant muffler from SXTH to have installed if need be. This way I get to hear muffler-less and make a determination myself and get the Vibrant muffler if need be, it is an actual muffler, right?

Thanks to everyone inadvance, I wanna do this right the first time, just like my soon to arrive intake

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-SXTH Element CPLT intake/catch can
-Konig Oversteers 18 x 8 +45mm offset
-Motul XS3100 5w40
-Sport badge delete, TURBO badge from Veloster added
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:16 PM

Exhaust sound is subjective really. Widely different opinions is what you will usually get on this. It really comes down to what you prefer as far as quality and price. Can't go wrong with any of those 3. I'm currently running a custom setup (stock downpipe, 2nd cat delete, vibrant muffler & bottle resonator, custom tips) but I have a JUN BL setup on the way which I will pair with a catless downpipe and a high flow cat and bottle resonator in the midpipe.

'17 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
Exhaust sound is subjective really. Widely different opinions is what you will usually get on this. It really comes down to what you prefer as far as quality and price. Can't go wrong with any of those 3. I'm currently running a custom setup (stock downpipe, 2nd cat delete, vibrant muffler & bottle resonator, custom tips) but I have a JUN BL setup on the way which I will pair with a catless downpipe and a high flow cat and bottle resonator in the midpipe.

So what made you chose the JUN BL and is it the SS version or titanium

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-Motul XS3100 5w40

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlasseAct View Post
So what made you chose the JUN BL and is it the SS version or titanium
Stainless. Just changing things up.

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

I think I'm leaning towards the JUN BL system myself. Found a clip on YouTube and they guy made a case for it and it just "seemed right" to me. Not sure when I'm getting it exactly as I've got to get the windows tinted, dark leather and summer is coming but atleast I've got the SXTH CPLT intake coming, so I've got a little "show" and a little "go" to kick this car off

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-Motul XS3100 5w40
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:26 PM

I'm looking at this one from SXTH Element.

https://www.sxthelement.com/ES-Axle-.../09-01-202.htm

The thing is, I can't find any videos of it. I can find videos of the cat back or one with a cat and an upgraded air intake, but not just the sound of the axelback by itself. I know a lot of times, the turbo/cat back sounds more agressive than just an axel back and I don't want to go off of that for the sound that I may be getting.

EDIT: Or maybe this is it? The way it is worded seems like its only the axel portion.

Last edited by gregbutler_20; 05-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbutler_20 View Post
The way it is worded seems like its only the axel portion.
Axlebacks are a muffler delete, yes.

Got my Jun BL put on last night. Love it so far, but with the big 12" vibrant muffler in my midpipe it's a bit quiet for my tastes. Will be deleting that soon enough...

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
Axlebacks are a muffler delete, yes.

Got my Jun BL put on last night. Love it so far, but with the big 12" vibrant muffler in my midpipe it's a bit quiet for my tastes. Will be deleting that soon enough...

Probably the best looking one Iíve seen yet. Love the tips. Got time for a sound clip before you take the muffler off?

Insert sarcastic, witty comment here.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
Never mind, I learned how to use google haha.
Recommended place to pick one up?

Insert sarcastic, witty comment here.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfitforpublic View Post
Probably the best looking one Iíve seen yet. Love the tips. Got time for a sound clip before you take the muffler off?
It's like 20+ mph winds today so video wouldn't be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfitforpublic View Post
Never mind, I learned how to use google haha.
Recommended place to pick one up?
I got mine on eBay. I think you can get it from KDMholic?
notfitforpublic likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page