Hyundai Approved Performance Parts - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By GsiTurbo
  • 2 Post By R1600Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Hyundai Approved Performance Parts

I recently heard about performance parts that will be Hyundai approved and will not void my warranty. I just purchased my es in may and I want to make her more racy, but do not want to mess up my warranty.

With that said, I cannot find what parts they have approved. My google searches have failed me. Any info will be awesome. Please and thank you.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Hyundai Korea advertises following upgrades from their TUIX division (see pdf pg 15)
https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...atalog-eng.pdf
Parts can be purchased from Tuixmall.com (use chrome to view and translate to English). For actual purchase, you can use koreanbuddy.com
nathan_2110 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 08:35 PM

i like those teal seats

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 09:49 PM

This "list" you heard about was for the Veloster N only. Does not pertain to any other vehicles.

My general advice for questions like this is that if you are worried about voiding your warranty, don't modify the car.
mightar and nathan_2110 like this.

'17 6MT Base | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Okay, bummer lol
and fair enough. Opinions then, Is the 2019 es reliable enough to mod and take care of and likely have no issues. or am I gonna screw myself?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_2110 View Post
Okay, bummer lol
and fair enough. Opinions then, Is the 2019 es reliable enough to mod and take care of and likely have no issues. or am I gonna screw myself?
Car has had the same drivetrain since 2017. It's pretty reliable overall, the main issues I have seen are with the DCT transmission. Some misfire things here and there which are usually coilpack related. I have 60k miles and have had the cooling fan motor replaced twice under warranty because it was noisy.

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo View Post
Car has had the same drivetrain since 2017. It's pretty reliable overall, the main issues I have seen are with the DCT transmission. Some misfire things here and there which are usually coilpack related. I have 60k miles and have had the cooling fan motor replaced twice under warranty because it was noisy.
That's good to hear, I do have the MT and have already had a clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. so I was immediately a lil cautious.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 04:46 PM

From my experience, you can mod but if something breaks due to modification it will not be covered. I have a full bolt on big turbo gti and ive had warranty work done no issues.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluekid99 View Post
From my experience, you can mod but if something breaks due to modification it will not be covered. I have a full bolt on big turbo gti and ive had warranty work done no issues.
It greatly depends on the dealer. I saw a guy recently have warranty work denied for having an intercooler resonator delete pipe, which is a 6" piece of tubing. On the other hand my car is quite modded and my dealer doesn't care.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page