Spacers on stock wheels - Page 3 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:07 PM

I have done a ton or reading and watching all kinds of videos on spacers. The spacer topic is a topic that causes great controversy. Some say the world will end and your grandma will not love you any more if you install them. Others are fine with using them. For me, I have come to the conclusion that moderation is best when considering spacers.
I just order 5mm spacers for all 4 wheels. Non-Hubcentric which shouldn't be a problem. I also ordered a torque wrench as the correct torque seems to be the common ingredient to having a safe install. I will not use any loctite as this can cause some minor headaches when changing seasonal tires.
Staying under the 8mm allows me to avoid the issues of possible lug replacements. Going non-hub centric saves be a lot of money but at the same time, I read on how to properly install them to avoid any fitment/balance issues. Also, the camber on most nuts will help with the centering of the wheel.
Also, purchase high-quality spacers, but I seem most now seem good. I ordered from Amazon and with over 100 reviews of good installs, I should be safe.
Once installed take your car for a test drive, look for any balance issues. After 100 miles or so, check for any bolts that neeed to be tightened.
Stock torque specs for are the car from what I read (correct me if I am wrong) is 80-90 lbs. So I will torque to 85 and retorque after 100 miles or so.
I will post pics of before and after as well provide my feedback as far as the ride or any negative effects, that is if the world does not end LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page