Paint - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Voodoo Idol

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Paint

Sup everyone,

I’m about to buy a spoiler for my ES & I have the paint code T8S (Gray). Body shops are charging me $150-$200 for just the paint job. Does anyone know where I can get/order a paint w/ that code? I saw a spray paint can that came up w/ that code on google but i’m not sure?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B745442-E115-43AD-B1FB-A20D4AB3E7E5_1562346469740.png
Views:	35
Size:	707.2 KB
ID:	16505  
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:45 PM

There should be an automotive paint and supplies store in your area (in theory). Such store would be able to get you premixed paint in a spray can to match your car's colour. Look around.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

alright perfect. i’ll google some & see who has it... i just find it crazy to pay $250 for a paint job on a spoiler

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Idol
You're paying for time and effort, mostly. Also, because paint shops are likely limited via contractual obligations to who they purchase supplies from, they're likely having to purchase a larger quantity of paint than what it would actually require to paint your spoiler. The spoiler has to be cleaned, sanded, primered, sanded, base coat, sand, 2nd base coat, sand, 3rd base coat, sand, clear coat, sand, 2nd clear coat, sand, 3rd clear coat, sand (at least I hope they're doing 3 coats of each) and then the paint has to be cut with a polisher using a heavy cutting pad, then a lighter cutting pad, then a finishing pad.

You're looking at several man hours of work for your spoiler, and that's what you're paying for. Most shops charge about $80 - $125 per hour for work, so this seems 100% legit.
mightar likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page