couple small issues - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

couple small issues

Had it for a few months now and several thousand miles. Still have the bluetooth issue. I might need to uninstall and reinststall but just being lazy.

Problem 1, the sun visors dont extend. Theres always that small gap where the sun peeks through.

Problem 2, gas mileage still seems low. A seven speed transmission should have better mileage. Only getting 29 at 80mph. 7th gear should be taller. from what I understand, the non turbo elantras have three settings, ones a higher mileage setting.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:15 PM

I had my ES for over a week now & i'm getting 7.2L per 100km (32mpg) mixed driving but mostly city. I have a 6MT though and those are rated 22 city 30 hwy. I used to have a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, & the EPA ratings were overrated. I ended up receiving gas reimbursement from Hyundai Canada with the law suit. I wonder if Hyundai was playing it safe with the EPA ratings?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Try driving in eco mode. I get about 7.0-7.5/100km city. I am tuned by LAP3 which claims better milage and I have hit 6.5L/100km and 5.5/100km highway driving from Toronto to South Carolina for 2 days

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrobi33 View Post
Try driving in eco mode. I get about 7.0-7.5/100km city. I am tuned by LAP3 which claims better milage and I have hit 6.5L/100km and 5.5/100km highway driving from Toronto to South Carolina for 2 days
If he's in the US he won't have Eco mode.

With that said, don't expect great mileage from almost any car traveling at 80mph a lot. Wind and rolling resistance just kills the mileage at that point. I average about 30mpg, 6MT.

'17 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM

Smile

My average, with a 26 mile, mostly freeway drive to and from work is anywhere from 30-32 mpg, normal mode for sure. Check out my results here Fuelly - Track and Compare your MPG under Electric Blue. These cars are capable of much better than what the window sticker says, case in point, my car is rated at 33 mpg on the freeway and in stock trim, using the cruise and doing anywhere from 70-75 mph I got 36 mpg, then with the mods in my sig, leaving Detroit back to Chicago, I got 40.7 mpg. It might not be as much fun but on the expressway there's no need for sport mode unless someone rolls up on you, then its on, LOL!

2018 ES Electric Blue
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-SXTH Element CPLT intake/catch can
-Konig Oversteers 18 x 8 +45mm offset
-Motul XS8100 5w40
-Sport badge delete, TURBO badge from Veloster added

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in