Dislike ... the oem sound system - Page 4 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Stock base stereo sounds decent to me. I added two 10's and it drowns out any distortion i have never noticed since day 1 of own this ES. Crank it all day. Love it over paying for that Infinity upgrade and alot cheaper
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 09:22 AM

I don't hate it, did have to get used to something different as my last car had a BOSE system (factory installed) but the new doesn't sound terrible. I havent really pushed it to the limit yet so we shall see, but I will say that Pandora/Spotify/Prime music all sounds fine but if I am streaming music from YouTube, it becomes super quiet, not sure why yet.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 PM

Garage
I have the non tech, I think its pretty bad in my opinion , I had a 13 and a 16 Elantra GT and this system is a step down for me, the tweeters are way up by the windshield. I feel like I've got to crank it up to the point where somethings gonna blow to get it loud enough and the clarity is just not there. My 16 thumped pretty good actually but this one is a thumbs down.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdaugh View Post
I feel like I've got to crank it up to the point where somethings gonna blow to get it loud enough and the clarity is just not there.
I'm usually good with 20-30 on the volume if I'm jamming. Anything higher than that is too loud for me.

'17 6MT Base | SXTH Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar, Strut Bar | Whiteline 24mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
Enkei TS-10 18x8.5 +50 | Federal 595 RS-R 255/35/18
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 09:24 PM

i have the premium, and compared to 13' veloster with the ultimate packets (has dimension audio and 8" subwoofer in rear), it isn't so great.

I don't think the speaker in the rear is actually a subwoofer.....if it is, it blows. very easy to increase the bass and make it max out. the speakers themselves are not terrible, but I thought they would be much better than my old veloster with a no name audio.

i'm considering a spare tire powered subwoofer, which may make the difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page