Dislike ... the oem sound system - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Dislike ... the oem sound system

I dont own the premium or tech package whatever it's called lol just the regular ES i guess so i dont have the infiniti sound system but still they could've put a better sound on the non tech package... example VW have amazing sound system even on their base model cars
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 PM

Garage
I like it a lot. I think it sounds great for a base system.
1freshelantra likes this.

Ceramic White 2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport 6MT
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 09:27 PM

My only real qualms with the base system was bass distortion when the volume was pushed sky high, otherwise it sounded downright decent.

However I did replace all 6 speakers already and the clarity has improved quite a bit, as has the ability to handle painful-to-the-ear volume levels without distortion. does lack some low low end bass which is why I'm considering a sub install.

But really to be fair for most average people it's not a horrible system at all.
Voodoo Idol and CoolRonZ like this.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0thing View Post
I like it a lot. I think it sounds great for a base system.
Same. It's a lot better than the system that was in my Kia that had zero bass even with it turned all the way up. Good quality MP3's on my USB stick and it's pretty good for a base system.
Voodoo Idol and CoolRonZ like this.

'17 6MT Base | SXTH Tuned | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar, Strut Bar | Whiteline 24mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
Enkei TS-10 18x8.5 +50 | Federal 595 RS-R 255/35/18
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Garage
I was actually surprised how good it sounded to me... Could be a little louder in the back seat, but I think they did that so people don't make their kids deaf. I have a slim 8" powered sub on its way, not looking for anything great, just a little more thump.
Poolnoodle likes this.

2017 Elantra sport
canadian version, heated steering wheel,
sunroof etc. 6spd manual.

Tork 3" cat-less downpipe and gutted secondary cat
Lap3 89 octane tune
Storm springs(approx. .75" drop front and .5" rear)
Sxth rear sway bar
Torque Solution polyurethane engine mount inserts
Custom DIY FMIC and hotpipe
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:55 PM

i totally agree. the alpine premium package probably sounds a lot better but the non premium package sounds like $hit. not enought bass. its weak. not the worst ive heard but it could be a lot better.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 05:06 PM

That was one of my complaints in the Elantra SE!! In the Sport with upgraded package it is 10413589257123 x better.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM

I find it to be just meh. I'm coming from a 2015 VW Passat that had 8 speakers and actually sounded really good. The base ES system is pretty poor in comparison...it's definitely a downside for me. But, I'm also paying $50 less a month, and the ES is MUCH more fun to drive, and I have a sunroof now, so the audio was a small price to pay, really. Definitely not worth another $2k for me.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM

The way things are looking, I'll probably have to live with the base sound system for a month or two before I strip the interior bare to soundproof the heck out of it & install a complete aftermarket system. Hopefully it won't be completely objectionable to me. I'm a complete wack job when it comes to sound quality.

Anyone had a chance to test the limits of file types & number of folders/files the base rig can support via USB?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Idol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hella356 View Post

Anyone had a chance to test the limits of file types & number of folders/files the base rig can support via USB?
I haven't messed with file types, but I currently have about 55 gigs of music (320kbit/s mp3s) on a 64gb thumb drive and it has no issues. Takes a minute for it to read the stick when it first boots up, but other than that there are no issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page