I want a Kia that I cannot buy - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsiTurbo View Post
Interestingly, there is already upgraded control arms set for the Forte available.
Same ones available for the ES. Suspension is the same.

'17 6MT Base | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Good news! So I happen to be in Europe right now. Hoping to take the Proceed GT for a spin some time next week. I am quite excited about this, as I will be able to compare the car vs ES vs Forte GT. Also, the speed limit on highways is 140km/h 😀👍. It will be interesting to compare quality of made in Mexico Kia Forte GT vs made in Slovenia Proceed GT.
mightar likes this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

One sunny day I have arrived at Kia Eforia dealership in Warsaw, Poland and my jaw dropped. I have liked the lines of this shooting-brake already from what I have seen on the net, but seeing the car in person was something else. For a good minute or two, that felt like eternity, I starred at her admiring every shadow and every curve as she was a top model. Wow and yum. This is a real shame for NA customers this car is not available here, but I get it. Sales of wagons in US are about 1.4% of total sales (2018 numbers), while in the European Union this is between 7% and 32%, depending on a country. Overal, 72% of all station wagon sales world-wide happen in Europe. My pictures truly do not do justice and the car was little dirty. I was driving the 2019 model and 20s are on the way. I was told that major differences includes incrased infotainment screen size (10" from 8") as well as fully digital instrument cluster.

The car was very much fully loaded, short of panoramic sunroof. The major list includes:
- well known 1.6 T-GDI motor mated with 7 speed DCT gearbox
- front/rear parking sensors with full parking assist
- LED lights all around incl high beam assist
- LKAS/ Active cruise/ emergency braking
- power driver seat with memory
- electrically folding mirrors
- rain sensing wipers
- 40:20:40 rear seat folding
- power lift gate
- sport mode (activates valves for different exhaust sound with some occasional pops and crackles)
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires
- electronic e-brake with hill assist
- automatic stop and go
- inductive charging
- asymmetrical centre console
- dual zone climate control with centre console rear vent

Getting in the car felt somewhat familiar. The steering wheel felt much like the one in ES, just with a different logo. I must highlight that the interior finish and attention to details felt much as it was much higher standard and quality than in the ES or Forte GT. On the latter I found that the inside door handles squeek, move slightly and make noises when pulled - nothing like this was found in the Proceed GT. As a matter of fact, I could not find any parts that would move and make any noises. One will find way more soft-touch materials inside, dashboard with faux premium feel stitching as well as stiched accents in the fron doors (but why not in the back??). The centre console is actually pretty cool, as it is asymmetrical - open shelf on the driver side (access for the inductive mobile phone charging) and closed off on the passenger side. The dual drink holder has a nice sliding cover (it is possible to order optional heating/cooling upgrade). Forgot to look inside the rear console storage if it is dual or not. At the 2nd row of seats the things get little tight. There seems to be little less room than in the ES? Also that stunning roof line of Proceed GT does not help if one is little taller. Moving on to my very favourite place - the trunk. Not only the rear gate opens electrically, it hides so much space inside! Love it!!!

The driving part. No echo mode, no smart...only sport. I enjoyed this mode as much as I do daily driving my ES. It brings out the full character of this vehicle. The steering becames heavier, DCT shifts quicker (in my opinion the gearbox's ECM is much different than what I felt in ES or Forte GT - shifts are firmer and faster, on downshifts it picks up the right gear right away as opposed to ES, where it initially downshifts one gear and then another), the buffles in the exhaust open up giving you some nice notes on upshifts. The noise generator is actually pretty good and it was not as 'distracting' as in Forte GT. It felt little slower the ES, but I was driving with a dealer rep and also the car is about 80Kg heavier than ES. I thought to myself that the GT Momentum intake would fit and look very good under the hood. Just add LAP3 ;-) Nice feature of the instrument cluster are digital torque and boost bar-graph gauges - Hyundai, do the same!!. Body roll was suprisingly less than ES on fast corners and suspension was much better tuned for absorbing all those small road imperfections felt in the ES. The car has way better road noise and wind noise insulation than ES. At 140km/h it was comparable to ES at 120km/h and only once I joined the fast lane vehicles doing about 160km/h it was noticable. At that point the rep told me to slow down....lol They didn't want tickets.

I really liked the car. My favourite view is the rear 3/4 and if I was living in Europe, I would buy it instead of ES. I looked at some other models that dealer had and I could only wish we had these options in NA. Maybe with time this will change. For now, I can only cherish the memories I spent at the steering wheel. It was like a one night stand with that dream girl that kissed you in a way you have never been kissed before, a memory of the moment that will linger for the months to come, tingling all your senses...

Short video of self-parking assist
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	16863   Click image for larger version

Name:	02 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	16865   Click image for larger version

Name:	03 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	637.2 KB
ID:	16867   Click image for larger version

Name:	04 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	703.6 KB
ID:	16869   Click image for larger version

Name:	05 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	694.5 KB
ID:	16871  

Name:	06 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	16873   Click image for larger version

Name:	07 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	566.0 KB
ID:	16875   Click image for larger version

Name:	08 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	691.3 KB
ID:	16877   Click image for larger version

Name:	09 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	507.2 KB
ID:	16879   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	465.2 KB
ID:	16881  

Last edited by GsiTurbo; 10-20-2019 at 11:23 AM.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Few more photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	16883   Click image for larger version

Name:	12 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	16885   Click image for larger version

Name:	13 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	16887   Click image for larger version

Name:	14 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	16889   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 (1280x959).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	606.9 KB
ID:	16891  

Name:	16 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	722.1 KB
ID:	16893   Click image for larger version

Name:	17 (1280x959).jpg
Size:	586.9 KB
ID:	16895  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

I found a photo of 2020 ProCeed GT interior. The instrument cluster is different, so is the floating centre display (larger). On the negative side, Kia dropped the red-stitch pattern on the door cards. I quite liked it...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kia-proceed-cd-sb-my20-convenience-w.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	16917  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page