New 2018 ES DCT Premium -Portland, Maine Area - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Hi,

Just got my 2018 ES DCT Premium in Black the 1st week of April. Love the car! As of right now, not planning on doing any mods. 1st reason is its a lease, and 2nd is I'm really happy with the performance/handling as is. Considering the intercooler resonator delete with normal pipe replacement, but again, its leased, so not sure... I did get the Torque Pro app, and a Kitbest Bluetooth OBD2 scanner adapter ($10.99 with 5 year Warranty, works great!), so I can have some fun with that. I've also had some fun with a few unsuspecting VW GTIs and GLIs, which brings me to the topic of thinking the 0-60 times reported in reviews I have read are seemingly conservative in my experience, so far. I will research this more now that I have the Torque Pro app that can record some pretty accurate times. Anyway, doesn't seem like there are too many of us up here in the northern New England area, but a big Hello to those who are! 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180426_162838_1525680284615.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	13570  

Last edited by DeathRay68; 05-07-2018 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Expanded post, corrected typo, added photo.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 01:43 PM

I'm in MA and also with a Black Sport. I've only seen one other Sport in the area since I bought mine in February.

'18 Black Sport DCT
Built Date 4/4/17
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:54 PM

Welcome! good job on getting the app for monitoring.

Whenever you're ready to add some performance check us out!

SXTH Element Engineering

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathRay68 View Post
Hi,

Just got my 2018 ES DCT Premium in Black the 1st week of April. Love the car! As of right now, not planning on doing any mods. 1st reason is its a lease, and 2nd is I'm really happy with the performance/handling as is. Considering the intercooler resonator delete with normal pipe replacement, but again, its leased, so not sure... I did get the Torque Pro app, and a Kitbest Bluetooth OBD2 scanner adapter ($10.99 with 5 year Warranty, works great!), so I can have some fun with that. I've also had some fun with a few unsuspecting VW GTIs and GLIs, which brings me to the topic of thinking the 0-60 times reported in reviews I have read are seemingly conservative in my experience, so far. I will research this more now that I have the Torque Pro app that can record some pretty accurate times. Anyway, doesn't seem like there are too many of us up here in the northern New England area, but a big Hello to those who are! 🙂
Welcome to the club! I love my black ES aside from how fast it gets dirty. I’ve been wondering about the stock acceleration of our cars because of reports on here. I don’t think our cars are necessarily faster than what the professional reviews say but it seems like the performance of our cars is more easily accessible than the average “hot hatch”.
They’re easy to launch and get a great time from a dead stop and the dct is great at putting the car in the meat of the powerband, Making us all look like heroes. Getting a great launch in a fwd car with more torque than ours can be tricky. And at highway speeds I believe the efficient dct and sleek aerodynamics help quite a bit. Just my thoughts on the subject but I’m eager to see your results from your app.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page