What Real World Mileage are you getting? - Page 16 - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Arrow

So I just did my first road trip in the ES this past weekend. I drove from Elk Grove Village ILL to Grandville MI and back. Before I left I added about 2 psi to all the tires, its just how I like them and got going. It was myself, the wife and our 3 year old. I put the cruise on +5 mph, except contruction zones, so basically 70-75 mph, a couple "pass the idiots" bursts because people don't know how to use the left lane and here's what I got...37.6 mpg! I filled up when I got back and had 1/8 of a tank, no fuel light and it took 11.1 gallons to fill it up. This is a great road trip car, can't wait to do more

BTW I'm on Fuelly.com under the name of ElectricBlue

2018 ES Electric Blue
-Sport badge replaced by Veloster TURBO badge
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-SXTH Element CPLT intake
-SXTH Element Catchcan...on order!
post #152 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:13 PM

37! That is hand calculated, correct?
post #153 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:19 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
37! That is hand calculated, correct?

Yeah because you add in your current mileage and it has your previous fill up mileage and then adding in your gallons gives you the mileage, so its basically the "calculator method" which doesn't lie. FWIW the cars computer was showing 39.5 mpg, LOL, a bit optimistic for sure. www.fuelly.com 2018 Elantra Sport and you have to name your car there so I went with Electric Blue and it gives you a "notes" section so I try and give all the info for what went into that particular fill up or how I drove it leading into it, which ever way you wanna look at it.

2018 ES Electric Blue
-Sport badge replaced by Veloster TURBO badge
-JUN B.L. axle-back
-SXTH Element CPLT intake
-SXTH Element Catchcan...on order!

post #154 of 155 (permalink) Old Today, 12:37 AM

What is the trip computer showing? I do 60 miles to work each way. traveling at 80, it's showing 29-30. I was expecting higher. Im in Florida and its been humid and raining non stop, im hoping thats the reason for being low.
post #155 of 155 (permalink) Old Today, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary laser eyes View Post
What is the trip computer showing? I do 60 miles to work each way. traveling at 80, it's showing 29-30. I was expecting higher. Im in Florida and its been humid and raining non stop, im hoping thats the reason for being low.
Trip computer is typically 2-4mpg high. So if it's showing 29-30 for you, might actually be a bit less than that. Heat can play a factor, so can speed.

'17 Galactic Gray 6MT Base | Lap3 Tuned | SCCA Solo STH

Kia OEM B&M SS w/SXTH Alum Bush | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2
SXTH Dual OCC, FMIC | Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | VelossaTech BM
KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar, ES-ONE Strut Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page