Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Just west of weird.
- Thoughts on the base stereo and Infinity system?
It's a pretty damned good system. Sub, mids, and highs are all surprisingly clear and undistorted, even at high volumes. Volume from the USB port is way better than my VT was.
- Does the larger 8" screen appeal to you?
I do like it - it's easier to read than the 7" screen in the VT, and the display is better overall. Once it gets up and running the response from touches to the screen is, for a car, lightning fast.
- Is having a native Navigation application important for you?
Not really as it pairs with Android Auto nicely, but the embedded navigation app is a good one. Once the map needs updating, however, I'll just switch to Android Auto. I'm not paying to update it.
- Do you prefer to have a sunroof or it does not matter? side note: Sunroof is standard on Canadian-spec cars
I love having a sunroof. I can't live without it here in the sunny land of Central Texas.
- Are blind spot assist and rear cross-traffic alerts a must? side note: both features are standard on Canadian-spec cars
Not a must, but it's a nice feature. My favorite part is the cross traffic alert when backing out of parking spaces. Since I live here in CenTex there are tons of giant trucks everywhere, so you can't always see to either side of you when backing out of a parking space, so it comes in handy.
- Is there a great sense of satisfaction from flexin' on the peasants with base cars?
- To those that have already purchased either, would you change your selection if you could do it again?