Lap3 protuner - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hempy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Lap3 protuner

Just recently purchased and installed a used lap3 protuner. If you're looking to save for that big turbo upgrade and full ECU tune but still want some good power gains till then....this is what you want. As soon as it was installed and I put her on the 93 map mode I held nothing back. WoT at 4k rpm just pulls you back into your seat. This is what the car should have came off the lot feeling like. Easy installation for such good power. Highly recommend this for anyone just looking for that extra umph that we all know the car is missing. Excellent product. Great job lap3!
KlasseAct likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 02:21 AM
EQ.

Do you still have it, how many miles, and any problems?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Idol
I would highly recommend not using piggyback "tunes" like this. All they do is feed false information to your ECU and can easily end catastrophically.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Idol View Post
I would highly recommend not using piggyback "tunes" like this. All they do is feed false information to your ECU and can easily end catastrophically.
The ProTuner is not your average piggyback. Of all piggybacks available, it's probably the safest one you can buy.

'17 6MT Base | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

I feel that that's pretty relative.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Idol View Post
Do you have any proof of that?

I have a RaceChip GTS on my ES and its works perfectly fine, It add up 48HP and 85 Lb ft. The multiple settings gave you the advantage to set the power in the way you want. Level 7 really make your ES push hard, 3rd and 4th gear just comes alive and make you reach speed faster than stock. I will highly recommend that is a power gain with little money invested before going to stage 2 or 3 that you will have to dump some hard cash on bigger turbo, inter cooler, down pipe and a proper tune on a dyno. If you aren't at that level or you are not looking to put thousand of $$$$ on the car for extra 200+ HP and just looking to have a stage 1 with a noticeable power gain that put a smile on your face everytime the turbo boost and you can hear the release valve opening every time you let off the gas and daily drive your ES. I will say RaceChip it is the way to go.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 AM

How long have you had the RaceChip GTS?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraSportN View Post
Do you have any proof of that?
Yes - the entire history of "tuning" by "chips". But here's some useful info:

https://nzhondas.com/topic/122712-in...s-are-useless/

In short - unless you know EXACTLY what changes the piggyback "chip" is making you should avoid it like the plague. And you'll never know for certain unless you built it yourself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in