Victorian Elantra SR owners - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By zell

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Victorian Elantra SR owners

Similar to the NSW/Perth forums, thought I'd start a thread for Victorian owners to announce themselves and maybe with a rough location.

(I'm out east of Melbourne, towards Mitcham)
birdman and XSOCRUZ like this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:25 AM

Gday from Taylor's Lakes in Victoria!

Mods: Bridgestone Potenza RE003 tyres, de-badged, grounding kit, Pioneer under seat sub, custom 3.5" Intake w/ AEM Dry Flow pod filter, MAC EBCS, 2.5" mandrel bent straight pipe from CAT, Magnaflow muffler, HKS M40XL plugs, Tork Stage 0+ Tune. 152KW 380NM ATW
To Come:Aeroflow FMIC, Stage 1 Tune
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 07:18 PM

Looks like perhaps one AU subsection will be sufficient, I'm keen to strike up some conversation with you all about local type mods, especially things like tyres when people change them and challenges specific to our hot dry climate.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 PM

Yeah good idea. I've investigated quote a few mods being sent out from Korea or US but everyone it just gets expensive when you factor in exchange rates and shipping.

Mods so far:
DIY intake from 3.5" aluminium tubing and silicone hoses to stock airbox. Have AEM dry flow filter coming.

Intercooler resonator delete using lipped aluminum pipe found on eBay. Size was a bit long but it does the job.

Straight through exhaust pipe made from rear cat to stock muffler. Sounds great not droning, goes quiet on the freeway. When you floor it, it gets a little loud but nothing like putting a muffler change on. Still sounds stock. Nice mod.

Parts I have but not yet fitted.
EBC solenoid. Found the MAC branded solenoid on eBay plus the brass fittings to suit. The wiring plug has been a PITA to find so I bought a new set and will chop the stock one off and rewire when ready.

Future plans:
Confirming with vendors right now if it's worth using a boost controller to control boost in stages like a GFB Force2.

Mishimoto Z Line intercooler

Cold side pipe with plumb back GFB BoV.

Stage 1 tune

New tyres and upgraded pads.

Mods: Bridgestone Potenza RE003 tyres, de-badged, grounding kit, Pioneer under seat sub, custom 3.5" Intake w/ AEM Dry Flow pod filter, MAC EBCS, 2.5" mandrel bent straight pipe from CAT, Magnaflow muffler, HKS M40XL plugs, Tork Stage 0+ Tune. 152KW 380NM ATW
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 07:14 AM

Hello from the outer eastern suburbs

2018 Elantra SR Turbo DCT
Red Leather Seats
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandufunk View Post
Yeah good idea. I've investigated quote a few mods being sent out from Korea or US but everyone it just gets expensive when you factor in exchange rates and shipping.

Mods so far:
DIY intake from 3.5" aluminium tubing and silicone hoses to stock airbox. Have AEM dry flow filter coming.

Intercooler resonator delete using lipped aluminum pipe found on eBay. Size was a bit long but it does the job.

Straight through exhaust pipe made from rear cat to stock muffler. Sounds great not droning, goes quiet on the freeway. When you floor it, it gets a little loud but nothing like putting a muffler change on. Still sounds stock. Nice mod.

Parts I have but not yet fitted.
EBC solenoid. Found the MAC branded solenoid on eBay plus the brass fittings to suit. The wiring plug has been a PITA to find so I bought a new set and will chop the stock one off and rewire when ready.

Future plans:
Confirming with vendors right now if it's worth using a boost controller to control boost in stages like a GFB Force2.

Mishimoto Z Line intercooler

Cold side pipe with plumb back GFB BoV.

Stage 1 tune

New tyres and upgraded pads.
I know it's a bit of an old post.. But I'm looking at doing the intercooler resonator delete as well. I'm just guessing that the pipe is 2 1/2 inch?? How long a pipe did you get.
There are a couple on eBay. One is 300mm & the other is 76mm. Both lipped. Just not sure if the 76mm is long enough..
And they are a lot cheaper than getting one delivered from the US.. Close to $100.

Cheers
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 04:15 AM

I'll dig out the Ebay seller who made it for me and post it up shortly.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandufunk View Post
I'll dig out the Ebay seller who made it for me and post it up shortly.
Awesome.. Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page