Carwow's review of i30N Fastback - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Carwow's review of i30N Fastback

Maybe one day this car will be available on this side of the pond, for now we can only watch. Not sure about 0-60mph acceleration,
I am pretty certain I can do that time with the ES on a warm day and good surface.

Last edited by GsiTurbo; 11-01-2019 at 03:20 PM.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 04:16 PM

It's never coming here sadly.

'17 6MT Base | Autocrosser / Canyon Carver / 14.2 @ 99 mph

B&M SS w/SXTH Bushings | N-Line Mounts | GFB Mach 2 | SXTH Intake, Dual OCC, FMIC
Straight Midpipe | JUN B.L. Axleback | KDM Tuners Slotted Rotors, Stainless Lines | Porterfield R4-S
YSR Coilovers (8k/6k) | Pierce 4-point Tie Bar | SXTH 22mm RR Sway | WL/SP CA Bushings
XXR 527 18x8 +45 | Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 PM

I don't think we'd ever get it. It looks like a great car, MAYBE we'll get an Elantra GT N. I would imagine though, they are looking closely at the Veloster N sales numbers.

2019 Elantra sport/ DCT/intense blue

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

In my opinion there is not enough interest in this body style in the US/Canada. Kona N, yes, possibly.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 08:58 PM

We of course get both the I30N & I30N Fastback here in Australia.. But you will find that our new car buying data supports that..

Hyundai I30 has always been 2nd or 3rd most brought car here in Australia for years. Our No1 most sold car?? Toyota Corolla, also a hatch. With the Mazda 3 changing with the I30 for 2nd & 3rd place. So the top 3 are all the same size cars.
While the Hyundai Elantra doesn't even make it into the top 20 cars sold.. Australia has always been a Hatch type market over the Sedan.
Though I think that we are lucky to get the Fastback N. As we have never had any of the other Fastback variants before.

While it looks completely the other way in the US. It would be interesting to know the sales difference in the US between the Elantra sedan & the Elantra Hatch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page