Elantra Sport Forum banner

What is your monthly payment on your Elantra sport?

21K views 56 replies 36 participants last post by  R1600Turbo 
#1 ·
Just curious to see how good or bad i really have it. Im currently financing my sport paying 305 every month, which i feel is a bit on the steep side. What do you guys pay every month?

#3 ·
If anyone has any financial planning learning, you should never think in Monthly payment! This is why so many Americans live in debt for life. You should always think in the total amount you will pay.

I have a friend who bought a truck (F-150), at the end he paid extra 7k in interest. Guess what, he bought into the monthly payment idea....

Reactions: kbarrett20
#7 ·
If anyone has any financial planning learning, you should never think in Monthly payment! This is why so many Americans live in debt for life. You should always think in the total amount you will pay.
The poor or lower middle class would beg to differ. For some, the monthly payment means everything. If you can't make the payment and pay all of your bills and still squirrel a tiny amount away then it doesn't matter what the total amount is.

#5 ·
Paid $18.5K, put $6.5K down, used Hyundai financing @ 4.99% (yikes!) for 60 months for the extra $750 off. Payment was going to be $252.

2 days later, took 15 minutes, went online, refinanced, got an unsecured loan for 2.9% for 60 months, new payment is $240 and I have a free and clear title.

The only thing that matters is price paid and interest rate/term. The payment is secondary.

#10 ·
I got 2.09% , plus got my truck into it as well reducing the interest on it as well. The dealer I deal with has been good for me in financing. I had many years ago poor credit. I had a high interest loan from another dealer through another lender. The current dealer was able to get that car refinanced at a really reduced rate saving me about 4000$. I am not a trusting person by nature, but the folks at the dealer I deal with do their best to get the lowest rates for you. They have also helped my GF. I tried other lenders and none could match what the dealer got me on each occasion.

#12 ·
Well after reading this, I feel like a chump. Im doing 385/72 mo. High, I know. But I am still dealing with the backlash of my last car being in an accident and being totaled*. I mean I could have waited a couple months and waited for the whole ordeal to boil over and have my credit rise back up.... but I just wanted the car since I knew they were selling like crazy and I never seen any others outside of my own or the three Ive seen at two different dealerships. Ill Refi when my score is up and secured but right now Im not hurting on the payment.

*TLDR, other driver ran the light, did not have GAP because I couldn't afford it, had to pay off remained of the loan, this bogged down my credit about 150-200 points.

#14 ·
Doesn't gap only add like $2 a month to your bill? Best advice to anyone here, my age 26 or younger (even older), is to not buy a car unless you can fork a grand or two down and be above on your value:loan. I'm on my 9th car from a dealer and the current 16 Veloster turbo is paid off. I was 10k underwater on one car too, so it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Don't buy what you can't afford(some dude said that once and it rang high and true)

#28 ·
Just refinanced from 7% to 2.34%. Dropped from 385 to 350 but says itll save me about $4k in interest. I plan on finishing paying it off in 24 months vs 60 though.

#39 ·
Old thread, but just wanting to continue stats.
2019 ES MT
$299/mo. Pay $350/mo to pay less in the long run.
$3k down. $3.5k trade in.
Stupid high interest rate through Hyundai @ 6.59% because "not enough credit history". So will refinance after required few months to keep the bonus cash back for financing through Hyundai.
75 months
GAP
Extended warranty. (I put on lots of miles)
All in all, $30.8k. Includes fees, taxes, ect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.