• 1 Post By slowstig
  • 1 Post By Chilihead
  • 1 Post By GsiTurbo
  • 1 Post By Feared#87

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

New Owner '19 ES

Hey All.

So, I finally pulled the trigger and went for the 2019 new Elantra sport. Originally, I wanted an 17 sport a couple years ago, but for whatever reason, they were extremely difficult to find here in the NY area, even the 18 sports, and so here we are in 2019. Now, I will say....initially seeing pictures I did not like the redesign, I thought they had ruined it however, seeing it in person completely changed my mind! it looks a lot better in person and has since grown on me a LOT.

coming from a 2010 focus, This is both my first turbocharged car and DCT transmission. I've had it for about 3 weeks now there's not much to complain about. super fun to drive, the handling is great! and we all know about that awesome exhaust note, I do need to get used too driving a DCT in rush hour traffic. I'll definitely be using this platform for mod ideas and general fun car convos.

interesting tidbit: There's no vent setting (That I've seen) for the sunroof on the 19 ES.

Updated: There is definitely a vent setting. you have to push the center sunroof button towards the roof.

See you guys around !

Last edited by Harlemtwin; 07-16-2019 at 04:43 PM.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:43 PM

Congrats and welcome - post a pic of your new ride when you can!

2017 Electric Blue Elantra Sport 6MT w/ Premium pkg
2017 Rebel Blue V60 Polestar
Previous:
2008 E63 AMG wagon
2002 Audi S6 Avant
2001.5 Audi S4 (stage 2+)
1994 Acura Integra RS
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedElantra sport _LI.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	16519  
mightar and Chilihead like this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:57 PM

welcome and congrats. that blue looks great, almost got it but went for the Lava Orange (Canada only colour)
Harlemtwin likes this.

'19 ES Base. Lava Orange 6mt
'17 Santa Fe XL Luxury
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 PM

Welcome and nice car!

'Cause I got the same one.
Harlemtwin likes this.

2019 Elantra Sport w/DCT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the forum! 😎
Harlemtwin likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:56 PM

Congrats!
Harlemtwin likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemtwin View Post
Hey All.

So, I finally pulled the trigger and went for the 2019 new Elantra sport. Originally, I wanted an 17 sport a couple years ago, but for whatever reason, they were extremely difficult to find here in the NY area, even the 18 sports, and so here we are in 2019. Now, I will say....initially seeing pictures I did not like the redesign, I thought they had ruined it however, seeing it in person completely changed my mind! it looks a lot better in person and has since grown on me a LOT.

coming from a 2010 focus, This is both my first turbocharged car and DCT transmission. I've had it for about 3 weeks now there's not much to complain about. super fun to drive, the handling is great! and we all know about that awesome exhaust note, I do need to get used too driving a DCT in rush hour traffic. I'll definitely be using this platform for mod ideas and general fun car convos.

interesting tidbit: There's no vent setting (That I've seen) for the sunroof on the 19 ES.

Updated: There is definitely a vent setting. you have to push the center sunroof button towards the roof.

See you guys around !

best suggestion I can give is use manual mode during bumper to bumper traffic and keep your distance.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemtwin View Post
Hey All.

See you guys around !

best suggestion I can give is use manual mode during bumper to bumper traffic and keep your distance.

It should be fine in bumper to bumper, mind you I almost puked my first time driving up to cottage countries on the worst highway to go up on in Toronto lol.

I just found it went away after a bit, maybe I changed how I drive it in traffic maybe it's me getting use to it, it just feels more refined not knowing what it is lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page