Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i just recently purchased my 2018 hyundai elantra sport and there is a hose running from my radiator to my intake manifold. If i unhook this hose cap the hose and the hole in the intake would i trhow up an emissions code or any code of some sort?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most coolant lines going to the IM are to warm the trottle body so prevent the trottle plate sticking. I doubt it would throw a code but also probably not worth it. Why do you want to unhook it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had my car parked in Philadelphia at my cousins house. And my cousins neighbor said hey man is that a 1.6 turbo man. i said yup it is just bought it. he said he has a veloster with apparently same engine and he said it would get a blow off valve sound without having a blow off valve.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
i had my car parked in Philadelphia at my cousins house. And my cousins neighbor said hey man is that a 1.6 turbo man. i said yup it is just bought it. he said he has a veloster with apparently same engine and he said it would get a blow off valve sound without having a blow off valve.
You can remove the hose that connects the factory bypass valve and the intake, so the bypass valve vents to the atmosphere giving you a similar sound. Just make sure you cap the port on the intake, a 7/8" rubber chair leg cap will work fine.

However if you think the hose is connecting your radiator to your intake manifold, I would suggest not even trying. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts