Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rolled over to 1000 miles today, about a month after purchasing my 18 ES with Premium Package.

Steering wheel comes out farther than most cars which is good for those of us with long legs
It's a fast car that's a lot of fun to drive

Dislikes:
Can't turn on seat warmer or rear defroster from Blue Link app (maybe if we bug Hyundai enough, they'll have the developers add this)
Minimal power in 1st gear, but picks up really hard when shifting to 2nd
The obnoxiously huge hazard light button
Bluetooth take a minute or two to connect* to be able to start Pandora
Android Auto takes even longer to connect
Rear view camera does not have a wide enough lens, you can't see a vehicle until they're right behind you
After backing up, there is a delay when shifting into drive before you can accelerate
Speakers aren't the best, especially when consider they are part of the "premium sound package"

I know that's a lot of more dislikes than likes, but let's be honest, we pay more attention to what we hate more than what we like. I do love the car and have had a blast with it so far. This may be the first car I keep for more than two years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great review and some of those dislikes can probably be overlooked in time. I think bluetooth connections taking a while isn't limited to just the Elantra because other car brands and models are having similar problems as well. Think I read that the Pixel 2 XL could take up to two minutes to connect with VW cars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Worth noting, I've got an iPhone and Apple Carplay starts right up. I also sell cars with CarPlay/Android Auto every day and Android Auto takes NOTICEABLE longer to fire up than Apple Car Play.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worth noting, I've got an iPhone and Apple Carplay starts right up. I also sell cars with CarPlay/Android Auto every day and Android Auto takes NOTICEABLE longer to fire up than Apple Car Play.
I kindof figured this was the case. I'm assuming that this is because the Android Auto code is likley more complex due to the fact it had to support a substantial number of different phones and Apple Car Play has like 8...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.