Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been lurking for a couple weeks, figured it'd be cool to get signed up! Got the car last week, just broke 200 miles on the way to work this morning, so far so good! I chose the ES over the Civic Si after test driving both, preferred the ES. I will post some photos soon but its been snowing so car is filthy with salt, needs a bath!

Registered
Congrats on getting the ES.

Did you do any of the typical first things that people often do like paint protection, window tints, and so on?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah not yet, planning on tinting and badge deletes when it warms up a bit though! I also wanted to do the LED light upgrades for license plate, dome etc just haven鈥檛 had the time to research as of yet. Can鈥檛 wait though, really enjoying the car!

Registered
Welcome and congrats!

For me, the only reason why I skipped on the Si and the Type R was the looks - just too juvenile looking. Coming from AMG and Audi S, I can tell you that I get quite a few "second looks" in this car. At least three people have come up to me expressing disbelief that the ES is a Hyundai and not some sporty Audi S3 variant lol. I personally have not seen another ES in Silicon Valley, but that is to be taken with a grain of salt since I don't drive to work.

You'll love the car - I know I do!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah Silicon Valley my yearly retreat lol... I think there鈥檚 that stigma with Hyundai still, but I don鈥檛 care! The civic si was $6k more with a worse exterior and infotainment imo which is why I made the choice.

Registered
Ah Silicon Valley my yearly retreat lol... I think there鈥檚 that stigma with Hyundai still, but I don鈥檛 care! The civic si was $6k more with a worse exterior and infotainment imo which is why I made the choice.
LOL! When my wife and I first sat in the Civic Hatchback Sport I tried to peel back the black tape around the infotainment screen only to find that the screen was REALLY that small! Then I turned the engine on and saw that horrid dash, and well, things continued downhill from there. Didn't even bother to look at the Si since the sedan and coupe exterior actually caused my eyes pain.

Love my ES!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks all! I am in the Raleigh/Triangle area and unfortunately havent really gotten a chance to take any decent pics. Did take one after i washed the salt and put a little wax on it :) Hopefully when I get the windows tinted and the badges along with the stupid dealer sticker off I can take some. Sigh looks like we are getting more snow tomorrow, bummer

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts