Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn't resist... New wheels on my ES.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks pretty good, has the steering dynamics changed at all? Does it still ride the same? The all black look does look nice though. What's next on the mod list?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. 35mm offset is pretty aggressive. Looks flush.
It has a very slight poke. I've had 2 passengers in my rear seat and it hasn't rubbed over bumps and speed bumps. So very satisfied.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty good, has the steering dynamics changed at all? Does it still ride the same? The all black look does look nice though. What's next on the mod list?
Steering and the ride is the same. These babes are wrap in our stock tires.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It has a very slight poke. I've had 2 passengers in my rear seat and it hasn't rubbed over bumps and speed bumps. So very satisfied.
Yet. Wait until you lower it. :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Ah, stretchy tire. Not a fan but it's your car. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, stretchy tire. Not a fan but it's your car.
Me either.. but I have to make it work and I don't want to roll and pull my fenders. I would rather go with the slight stretch look.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Any proper lowering solutions for us yet?
I guess Shark Racing has some coilovers but I personally don't want to take the risk on them. Waiting for a local solution.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey guys, my hsd coilovers just got here from Korea! Way quicker than I expected, just ordered a week ago. I got the monotube type from shark racing. Let me install and review and I'll post all about that. Hopefully, I can get the motivation to install them this weekend. It's a lot of work to do by yourself, but I've done it plenty of times before. I hope this car is easy with no hidden obstacles.

FYI, I contacted a few coilover companies before I ordered hsd (stance, bc racing) and none have plans for this car yet. That is why I decided to go with hsd. I was skeptical as I'd never heard of them. But from what I know, they are the same company that makes (or used to make) stance coilovers, and those I can vouch for any day as I have had two sets of them before, and they were great. Needless to say, I'll write a review, and as usual, no sugar coating. I didn't want to go with springs because it's always hit or miss (usually a miss) as they tend to ride like crap without proper shocks (floaty, bouncy, not tight enough). So for anyone tempted to grab those springs from shark, just keep in mind that if you're looking for a really sporty stance and feel, go with coilovers. They'll allow full adjustment for whatever driving you want to do. And if you just want to lower the car a bit, springs will do it but usually pretty unevenly front and back.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I'm all ears if those things ride really close to stock ride quality.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Took some pics of what's arrived. I am really glad to see that the front struts have camber adjustment plates. Also, got an email from hsd confirming that they still do make those stance coilovers as well. As far as the ride quality, well, I am expecting them to be stiff as they are monotube. But I think it will mainly depend on the level of dampening they are set to by the user. You can also swap out the springs with swift springs, I was told.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts