Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2018 KIA Forte 5 EX. Ive driven it multiple times and noticed my foot clips / hits the panelling? or the bottom of the dash i guess where the gas / brake pedal are. I drive a mazda 3 right now and there is PLENTY of foot roof height wise. Ive never really experienced this on a car before and i have a size 11 foot. Will i have this problem on an elantra as well? It shocked me how little foot height room there was on the 18 forte. Going from gas to break without moving my heel, so just rotating it would clip. If this was the case id likely not purchase the elantra simply because ive almost gotten into an accident as my shoe has gotten caught before on hers while attempting to brake quickly.

Besides this, anything i should be looking out for on the 2017 elantra DCT? the vehicle only has 4000kms on it so its basically new... is a dealer demo.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm only size 8.5/9 so can't really say, never been an issue for me. To be honest the best thing you can do is just go to that dealer and sit in the car to see if it's going to be an issue for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same thing used to happen from time to time in my sonata, had to change how I positioned my foot. I tend to rest my heel on the floor and use the tip of my foot to accelerate on the top portion of the pedal. Since I got the Elantra I haven’t had that issue again and I have big feet, 15 US

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
I am 10.5/11 and didn't really noticed any issues room wise. Whether I am wearing sneakers or winter boots. Take the car for a spin and decide for yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts