Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Turns out the exact 2017 Elantra Sport with Tech package that I test drove last summer is still on the dealer lot (Nova Scotia, Canada) and I'm wondering what I can expect for price discounts before I consider another test drive and possible negotiation, assuming they really want to get the thing sold after sitting there almost a year.

Has anyone else, preferably in Canada, bought a 2017 recently and gotten a killer deal?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey bud. 22000 and change for dct with no tech. Before tax and freight costs etc 29000 final price before xtra warranty and thats off ns 15% tax

·
Registered
106 Posts
a test driver is a demo correct? how many km on it? ask for at least 2.5k off msrp or more discount if it has more mileage.

for reference, I got $2350 off msrp on a brand new 2017 dct last year with 12km on it. have had it for 8 months now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
a test driver is a demo correct? how many km on it? ask for at least 2.5k off msrp or more discount if it has more mileage.

for reference, I got $2350 off msrp on a brand new 2017 dct last year with 12km on it. have had it for 8 months now.
Had 275 kms on it i got 6000 off msrp dealer quoted but somehow that dont add up hyundais website claims a 26000 and change msrp on a dct but dealer claimed 29000 msrp. Mind you i have no idea what xtras above a base package that it has. That could justify more

·
Registered
106 Posts
Had 275 kms on it i got 6000 off msrp dealer quoted but somehow that dont add up hyundais website claims a 26000 and change msrp on a dct but dealer claimed 29000 msrp. Mind you i have no idea what xtras above a base package that it has. That could justify more
I think you got scammed by the dealer, its not possible to get 6000 off msrp and final price to be 29,000 for a dct with no tech. my final price for a 2017 dct with no tech is 29,300.

tech pack = navi, premium audio, and blue-link mirror I think, not worth it for the extra cost.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you got scammed by the dealer, its not possible to get 6000 off msrp and final price to be 29,000 for a dct with no tech. my final price for a 2017 dct with no tech is 29,300.

tech pack = navi, premium audio, and blue-link mirror I think, not worth it for the extra cost.
. Where are you located? With my final price of 29000 thats 22,599 for the “car”. 1800$ freight 699 dealer fee about another ruffly 1000 in various fees and xtras. And 15% tax due to province im in. I know i wasnt actually saving 6000 like dealer quoted more like 3000 if that. I think our local dealers charge a lil higher than others i was looking at exact same car online for 29000 plus taxes from a different dealer in ns claiming 1500$ discount. So its really hard to say what actual discount / whatever is legit. The paperwork i was given says 28,599 msrp shows -6000 coming to 22,599 but again a dealer can put what he wants on paperwork.

·
Registered
106 Posts
. Where are you located? With my final price of 29000 thats 22,599 for the “car”. 1800$ freight 699 dealer fee about another ruffly 1000 in various fees and xtras. And 15% tax due to province im in. I know i wasnt actually saving 6000 like dealer quoted more like 3000 if that. I think our local dealers charge a lil higher than others i was looking at exact same car online for 29000 plus taxes from a different dealer in ns claiming 1500$ discount. So its really hard to say what actual discount / whatever is legit. The paperwork i was given says 28,599 msrp shows -6000 coming to 22,599 but again a dealer can put what he wants on paperwork.
I'm located in Ontario so 13% tax. well seems to me your dealer is a scammer. I have my paper work with me, I have $100 air fee(think its for the full tank of gas), $1705 delivery, $10 OMIVIC, $29.45 tire stewardship, $90.95 PPSA(bank fee). no other fee was there.

are you sure your car wasn't tech pack? 28,599 msrp is a tech pack msrp. or they double charged you the delivery fee.
well at the end 29,000 seems fair deal for a dct, but the 6000 off than adding tons of fees is a scam.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont have my paperwork in front of me i will have to go over it again but id say you are right there sir. Told me msrp for tech then dbl billed the freight is what im figureing its coming to ruffly. Gotta love scammers makes ya feel like a huge ass for sure to not notice that upfront. But deals done now i guess what can i do aside from ruff him up hahaha. Jk. It is what it is i guess im already being raped by the apr. so whats a deception on savings i guess end of the day 3 years itll be pd off ruffly n wont be going back thru that dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ouch! Crappy to hear bout your local raping. At least you will enjoy the car/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Lesson learned i wasnt in a strong position to shop and or wait anyways one car we had tranny waa failing and 4 jobs between two of us sharjng 1 bad car wasnt cutting it and in process of credit repair so it was this at that price or off to the low credit used car dealers for a real work over .. haha.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I figured it out. After going over papework i had my numbers wrong a xtra fees.... base msrp 26,649 discounted 5000$ 21649 plus. Freight 1705. Air tax 100$. Total sale price 23,454$. Owner retention fee 699$ tire tax 22$ gst of 3986. Licence & fuel fee 190$ then a ppsa fee of 699$. So got a “discount “ of about 3600 then add in the fees i got riped on and in total i didnt save maybe 100-300$ lol o well lesson learned

·
Registered
288 Posts
I figured it out. After going over papework i had my numbers wrong a xtra fees.... base msrp 26,649 discounted 5000$ 21649 plus. Freight 1705. Air tax 100$. Total sale price 23,454$. Owner retention fee 699$ tire tax 22$ gst of 3986. Licence & fuel fee 190$ then a ppsa fee of 699$. So got a “discount “ of about 3600 then add in the fees i got riped on and in total i didnt save maybe 100-300$ lol o well lesson learned
**** happens dude. Nothing you can do about it now so no point in stressing over it as long as you can afford the whip haha. IMO Id rather have a new car with a warranty that I’m MAYBE overpaying for over a beater that you keep having to throw parts at.

·
Registered
91 Posts
True enough man i been tellin myself that haha my last beater pd 1600 for and after tranny swap yesterday im 9400$ in total car n parts. So to pay 30 for new with warranty was a no brainer specially this car. Absolutely love it inside and out and ill drive it into the ground. wish i coulda got lime green like the civic would have been nice lookin imo but still love the orange myself

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about venom's dealer woes, at least you love the car!

Just an update on my OP, the dealer could get me a good deal on the 2017 but since there are only about nine left available in the entire freakin country he can't pull off a color swap for that model year. I don't want the Phoenix Orange so the 2017 is not an option. I had him price a 2018 instead and the number quoted didn't look too bad thanks to the solid trade value they're willing to give me on my SFS 2.0t AWD ($4k more than what I still owe on the remaining term).

However I'm hung up on the idea of getting rid of the SUV. So good in the winter and much more roomy especially if there are kids on the horizon. Our other vehicle is a 2014 Accent and though the possibility is there of trading that one up it doesn't have nearly the trade value of my SFS so the number most likely won't work.

The prospect of getting into an ES this year is not looking good at the moment.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Inferno dono if this helps but steele hyundai in halifax quoted me 32000 for a 2018 and stated that they are offering 0% financing. Also. Looking at bruce honda. They have 2 sports not phenoix orange for sale too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in Cape Breton so a little far away to deal in Halifax unless I absolutely had to. And my dealer does swaps with the city dealers so if the color I wanted was at Steele or wherever chances are my dealer would be able to get it from them in a trade of some sort. That's how they got me my Santa Fe color back when I bought it, they only had white or something on the lot and had to go to Halifax to get a Titanium Silver for me. 0% financing is also part of the deal I'm looking at.

I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer as my wife and I have bought from them a few times over the years and get all of our basic maintenance done through them as well, including buying our winter tires there when needed and they usually give us the best price around on those too. They look after us pretty well so I'd rather keep the relationship going and buy from them if it comes to it.

Deal aside the biggest thing right now is the SFS is just so **** practical it's hard to consider giving it up in a trade. And performance wise it actually feels faster to me on the butt dyno than the ES does. My 2.0T is from the pre-nerf model years that came with 265HP and 270tq, compared to the 240HP the last few SFS model years are rated for. I've test driven the ES a couple times now and I guess I'm so used to the pull of the SFS that it feels about the same or a little slower to me. The big selling point for me is the interior, the wealth of features that I don't have on my SFS, and the cheaper cost of gas and things like tires.

Decisions decisions

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm in Cape Breton so a little far away to deal in Halifax unless I absolutely had to. And my dealer does swaps with the city dealers so if the color I wanted was at Steele or wherever chances are my dealer would be able to get it from them in a trade of some sort. That's how they got me my Santa Fe color back when I bought it, they only had white or something on the lot and had to go to Halifax to get a Titanium Silver for me. 0% financing is also part of the deal I'm looking at.

I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer as my wife and I have bought from them a few times over the years and get all of our basic maintenance done through them as well, including buying our winter tires there when needed and they usually give us the best price around on those too. They look after us pretty well so I'd rather keep the relationship going and buy from them if it comes to it.

Deal aside the biggest thing right now is the SFS is just so **** practical it's hard to consider giving it up in a trade. And performance wise it actually feels faster to me on the butt dyno than the ES does. My 2.0T is from the pre-nerf model years that came with 265HP and 270tq, compared to the 240HP the last few SFS model years are rated for. I've test driven the ES a couple times now and I guess I'm so used to the pull of the SFS that it feels about the same or a little slower to me. The big selling point for me is the interior, the wealth of features that I don't have on my SFS, and the cheaper cost of gas and things like tires.

Decisions decisions
Weird how 70 more HP and almost 100 more ft lbs of torque in a bigger engine will make it feel faster lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Weird how 70 more HP and almost 100 more ft lbs of torque in a bigger engine will make it feel faster lol.
LOL... True!

But it's also a crossover with AWD and thus a fair bit heavier than a FWD sedan. I haven't taken the time to look up the curb weights of both vehicles to compare in detail but obviously the SFS carries around more chub as a bigger vehicle.

In a way I was pretty lucky to get my SFS when I did because not only have they tuned down the engine considerably in subsequent model years but you have to go much higher in the trim levels to basically the Limited stuff to get the 2.0T option at all. Mine was a mid-range Premium trim at the time and all that gets you now is the 2.4L with 180HP or so. This is another reason why the SFS is so hard to give up, I think I'm talking myself out of the ES now lol

Edit: Curb weight of 3706 lbs for the SFS vs 3042 lbs for the ES, so 664 lbs in the difference. Thought it would be more honestly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes your local dealer will proboly be able to do swaps. Def worth a call / try imo they have blue grey and silver from what i can tell my dealee told me they swap dealer to dealer all the time if i wanted a diff colour. And i hear u i wouldnt trAde in imo i would wait and just get the es as a xtra. Im not a fan of trading in tho due to the huge loss usually bein taken . I cannot compare the drive of the es to sfs cause honestly ive only driven three cars past 2015 lmfao my es being one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts