Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nathan Adlen from TFL Car did a comparison test between the 2018 Elantra GT Sport and Golf GTI. A good versus video if you have the time to watch it.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I've stopped watching or reading any comparisons to the GTi, because it shouldn't be compared to it anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've stopped watching or reading any comparisons to the GTi, because it shouldn't be compared to it anyway.
Agreed. Until Hyundai offers at least a 240HP+ 2.0T option in the ES (and maybe an LSD for good measure) it shouldn't be in the same conversation.

(Hyundai please offer a 2.0T option in the ES)

·
Registered
25 Posts
the video didn't really talk about the GTI. I think this is just more of an overview.

The interior of this car is hideous. The layout of the controls and the un-integrated screen look really bad. Its a shame..the ES sedan has one of the best looking, most intuitive dashs in the segment, feel like they are taking a step backwards with this. does not have half the class of the sedan layout.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the video didn't really talk about the GTI. I think this is just more of an overview.

The interior of this car is hideous. The layout of the controls and the un-integrated screen look really bad. Its a shame..the ES sedan has one of the best looking, most intuitive dashs in the segment, feel like they are taking a step backwards with this. does not have half the class of the sedan layout.
Yeah, I was going to wait for this car, but it looks like they mounted an etch-a-sketch on the dash and the red accents around the vents and shift boot look like some kid popped the plastic pieces off and spray painted them in the garage.

Otherwise, I'd rather have a hatch. If it had the same dash as the sedan, I probably would've waited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts