Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to this forum, I bought this car 6 months ago used with 17k miles and hardly drove it. Been driving more now and noticed for the 2nd time that when I start the car and back out of the driveway, shift from reverse to drive, press gas pedal, huge loss of power to where I thought I slammed on the brakes or my foot quickly slipped off the gas and this thing almost dies...... Happens only for a second. Temp outside is 75F so not cold. I typically let a car run for 20 seconds before I get going so oil flowing around. But this is new to me!

No problems on warm starts which seems to be a problem from reading these forums but thats not happening to mine.

Still under dealer warranty and bought the CARMAX extended warranty as well.

Is this going to be normal ? wait to see if it self-corrects?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My car does this too, just carefully and slowly let off the brake once you put her in drive or else it will act like it is gonna stall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The ECU is programed not to give full boost till it is fully wormed up, even in 80 deg outside temps. Same issue with my Kona AWD 1.6T.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes what mainia said. Had the same issue with my genesis coupe. But it’s more so for engine protection. Your turbo produces more heat and needs everything warmed up so nothing breaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts