Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys So not so new to ES groups mainly FB but long story short since i my right hand is messed up and i did this with voice text.

I worked at a Hyundai dealer for years and lease this back in 2018 I believe it was I don’t remember exactly but at least it and bought the lease out just recently actually because I extend the lease and then just bought it out because you know how the market is right now was waiting for the Elantra N, Just my luck right?

I don’t know what happened but it’s one thing after another now my engine is clacking I didn’t notice the oil was low I did put a little bit of oil in there but the clacking is really loud and it’s getting worse I drove it to the dealer at work that had the master tech look at it and he thinks it may be coming from the head but wouldnt know until he took a real good look at it.

They’re so backed up that they have 100 person plus waitlist for loaners so I’ll be out of a car by time they even get parts for this car if it needs an engine we should probably does I am probably toes because by time they get an engine the markets are probably going to reverse and I’m gonna lose all equity in this car anyways but (oh well ill just keep it and after warranty make it AWD 3.3TT conversion :) haha! )

Anyways whatever what are you guys think this is a thing of y’all been familiar with it please let me know since shooting this video two or three days ago the sound is worse but what is weird when I’m on the gas it gives me power like I have power and that sound goes away so I don’t know if it’s a loose Lifter or something in the head Any help or guidance for any people hooked up with this please I would appreciate your help as I am going through some rough moments with the car and being locked out of my house the day and then just a whole bunch of stuff just doesn’t but yeah any help would be appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hey guys So not so new to ES groups mainly FB but long story short since i my right hand is messed up and i did this with voice text.

I worked at a Hyundai dealer for years and lease this back in 2018 I believe it was I don’t remember exactly but at least it and bought the lease out just recently actually because I extend the lease and then just bought it out because you know how the market is right now was waiting for the Elantra N, Just my luck right?

I don’t know what happened but it’s one thing after another now my engine is clacking I didn’t notice the oil was low I did put a little bit of oil in there but the clacking is really loud and it’s getting worse I drove it to the dealer at work that had the master tech look at it and he thinks it may be coming from the head but wouldnt know until he took a real good look at it.

They’re so backed up that they have 100 person plus waitlist for loaners so I’ll be out of a car by time they even get parts for this car if it needs an engine we should probably does I am probably toes because by time they get an engine the markets are probably going to reverse and I’m gonna lose all equity in this car anyways but (oh well ill just keep it and after warranty make it AWD 3.3TT conversion :) haha! )

Anyways whatever what are you guys think this is a thing of y’all been familiar with it please let me know since shooting this video two or three days ago the sound is worse but what is weird when I’m on the gas it gives me power like I have power and that sound goes away so I don’t know if it’s a loose Lifter or something in the head Any help or guidance for any people hooked up with this please I would appreciate your help as I am going through some rough moments with the car and being locked out of my house the day and then just a whole bunch of stuff just doesn’t but yeah any help would be appreciated thanks guys

I think you posted in the facebook group, and several people already said it was rod knock. (which it most likely is) If the car is still under factory warranty, go that route...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you posted in the facebook group, and several people already said it was rod knock. (which it most likely is) If the car is still under factory warranty, go that route...
Yea that's the route im going to go. Sounds like Rod but its coming from head. More like lifters or valve springs....Spund dissapears at certrain speed. 7th gear 18-2k RPMS runs perfect and has full power ( not that i got on it much) Had put 200 miles with car making that sound..

Luckily i made an appointment like a month half ago (super backed up) Dealer isnt far from me. Thr 1.6t much stronger than the 2.0t when it comes throwing rods lol~

My problem is to get a loaner theres a 100+ person wait list, Also to get an Engine shipped here. Wont have until Summer probably.. maybe after :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts