Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for the best fitting, best priced grille replacement available? I'd like to remove the chrome and Hyundai badge, while adding a bit more style. I think a front grille replacement (given the cost is in line, fitment is oem like and installation is fairly straight forward) will help achieve all of that in one shot.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Any suggestions for the best fitting, best priced grille replacement available? I'd like to remove the chrome and Hyundai badge, while adding a bit more style. I think a front grille replacement (given the cost is in line, fitment is oem like and installation is fairly straight forward) will help achieve all of that in one shot.

Thank you all in advance!
If I was at all handy,
The mesh grilles on eBay appear to be plastic vs this aluminum insert.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The M&S is the best fitting (best being a stretch) but install is a PITA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The M&S is the best fitting (best being a stretch) but install is a PITA.
Any chance you have a link to install? I've wrenched quite a bit, as well as installed many "body mods", so I'm no stranger. A look at the install process would help determine the level of interest I would still have in seeing this mod through.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Any chance you have a link to install? I've wrenched quite a bit, as well as installed many "body mods", so I'm no stranger. A look at the install process would help determine the level of interest I would still have in seeing this mod through.
You pretty much have to break the tabs off the stock grille to remove it, effectively ruining it. Then you have to cut some tabs off the gloss black surround so it can work with the new grille. I personally had to elongate some of the mounting holes on the M&S grille to even get it to mount to the bumper cover and even then the fitment was off. I am not aware of any how-to's. It's pretty straight forward.

I have since gone back to a stock grille since bugs can be bad in my area and I was tired of having to remove the bumper cover to clean them every couple weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You pretty much have to break the tabs off the stock grille to remove it, effectively ruining it. Then you have to cut some tabs off the gloss black surround so it can work with the new grille. I personally had to elongate some of the mounting holes on the M&S grille to even get it to mount to the bumper cover and even then the fitment was off. I am not aware of any how-to's. It's pretty straight forward.

I have since gone back to a stock grille since bugs can be bad in my area and I was tired of having to remove the bumper cover to clean them every couple weeks.
I could see spraying the current grill in a matte black being a superior option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 19 ES, and I want a different front grill. The mesh one from this thread looks much better! Is that only going to work for 17-18?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I have a 19 ES, and I want a different front grill. The mesh one from this thread looks much better! Is that only going to work for 17-18?
Nothing for 19+ yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you didn’t like the way it looks why buy the **** car?
Unfortunately I dont think there is a vehicle out there that hits all the visual points that I want from factory. Thats why i will be changing my grill at some point as well. I enjoy customizing my car. I will continue to buy cars and continue to change things about them that I dont like from factory. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts