Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have owned my 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport since May of this year and have had no problems, until today. I noticed while driving with my driver side window slightly cracked at speeds over 60 there is a pronounced whistling noise coming from the front passenger window (or window area). I am unable to pinpoint the exact location of where this noise is coming from. I have attempted to run my fingers over the entire outline of the window while at speed, pushed on various points of the window to try to get it back on track, messed with the weather stripping, etc. unfortunately to no avail. Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so, might you share the remedy? As a smoker who routinely has his window cracked during a 4 hour daily commute, this is becoming a major issue for me and I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks in advance for all your help/suggestions!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I get this booming feeling all around me if I open the windows even a bit at about 40 or more. It seems to reduce if all 4 windows are opened but is maximum when just the fronts are opened. I am afraid to do this at highway speeds for fear that the air pressure might push out the rear glass sending it flying into following traffic. I might be paranoid though:eek: Guess if you have to open the windows while driving, stick on door visors may help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.