Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased a brand new 2018 Elantra Sport Turbo and love the vehicle but noticed the driving feels rough at lower speeds as if I’m on rougher terrains. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something that will get better over time as the suspension may still be stiff since I only have 100 miles on the vehicle?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are comparing it with most other cars, then yes, the ride is a bit stiff. I do not suppose it will get better, in a few months you will just get used to the way it rides. This the tradeoff for the handling on offer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe an older stock? Those tires have a tendency to make flat spots when park for a long time at the same spot. If not, welcome to the ES world. ☺

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
345 Posts
The suspension is great in absorbing everything but tiny road imperfections. For that reason (quality of roads), on some markets this car is/was offered with 17" wheels. I have 16" for my winter wheels and it's much better, in terms of dealing with rough roads, as in frozen snow. Take off traction is now, for me, not important as it's slippery anyways 😁. Take a Golf GTI for a drive and you will appreciate Elantra's suspension setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.