Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

After a decade of driving a 2000 Toyota echo, whilst primarily working on it to keep it running with 247k miles on it. I finally took the plunge and got something with a bit more umph. Not the greatest picture however attached is mine.

This forum is one of the main resources I looked at for pro's and con's when researching if the ES was right for me, as the Hyundai community on Reddit is lacking, especially for any form of elantra. Although I'm probably not going to do it for awhile, I always look into some performance parts for my vehicles, just in case. As a sanity check I wanted to see also what folks would think about my findings or be able to provide what has been seen as best for their cars.

Shark Racing

Intercooler+BOV
2017+ Elantra Sport Performance Intercooler Kit - Shark Racing

Water Pump Pulley
2017+ Elantra Sport 1.6 Turbo Water Pump Pulley

TORK

TORK Pipe
1.6T Tork Pipe | DamnFastDD.com

ECU Tune
Haven't found one that doesn't require me to send a current one in. Any recommendations?

Intake + Exhaust
Any best offerings for intake, Throttle body + Exhaust Manifold, high airflow cats or improvements from mani to tip with noticeable improvements over stock? Currently I'm fine with stock sound, I'm even okay if it was completely silent, I prefer sounds of the motor to exhaust.

Aesthetic

Front and back seat covers
I need something good to protect the seats but most of my findings have been pretty generic. If anyone knows good fitting covers feel free to throw them my way.

Dash Covers (Black + Red Trim)
http://www.sharkracing.com/2017-elantra-cool-mesh-dashboard-cover/

http://www.sharkracing.com/leather-dashboard-cover-various-applications/

FLUIDS

Engine
Huge fan of Royal Purple for Engine OIL, however I'll likely just get synthetic from the dealer service department as thats covered.

Transmission
RedLine MT90 worked well for the echo (Much better than generic ATF or MTF fluids), however I've been hearing excellent things regarding ford motorcraft, any MT Transmission fluid anyone would recommend for best perf and life of tranny?

Any other recommendations or brands I should keep an eye open for all my ES needs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey All,

After a decade of driving a 2000 Toyota, whilst primarily working on it to keep it running with 247k miles on it. I finally took the plunge and got something with a bit more umph. Not the greatest picture however attached is mine.

This forum is one of the main resources I looked at for pro's and con's when researching if the ES was right for me, as the Hyundai community on Reddit is lacking, especially for any form of elantra. Although I'm probably not going to do it for awhile, I always look into some performance parts for my vehicles, just in case. As a sanity check I wanted to see also what folks would think about my findings or be able to provide what has been seen as best for their cars.

Shark Racing

Intercooler+BOV
2017+ Elantra Sport Performance Intercooler Kit - Shark Racing

Water Pump Pulley
2017+ Elantra Sport 1.6 Turbo Water Pump Pulley

TORK

TORK Pipe
1.6T Tork Pipe | DamnFastDD.com

ECU Tune
Haven't found one that doesn't require me to send a current one in. Any recommendations?

Intake + Exhaust
Any best offerings for intake, Throttle body + Exhaust Manifold, high airflow cats or improvements from mani to tip with noticeable improvements over stock? Currently I'm fine with stock sound, I'm even okay if it was completely silent, I prefer sounds of the motor to exhaust.

Aesthetic

Front and back seat covers
I need something good to protect the seats but most of my findings have been pretty generic. If anyone knows good fitting covers feel free to throw them my way.

Dash Covers (Black + Red Trim)
http://www.sharkracing.com/2017-elantra-cool-mesh-dashboard-cover/

Any other recommendations or brands I should keep an eye open for all my ES needs?
Definitely stay away from shark racing. Costomer service is non existent and shipping takes forever. Tork makes an fmic I'm holding out for sxth element because of personal preference. Tork also makes a cold side pipe with a bov and sxth has a bov flange(about $200 less but also not a power adder)

Blood type racing has the best tune I have seen on the market so far and they don't require an ecu I don't believe its about 1200 dollars with spark plugs(required) and catch cans(also required but might find them cheaper elsewhere and a boost solenoid)

Aem, tork, 845 motorsports, and sxth element all have intakes. I like the sxth most, they also have an intercooler resonator delete(like the tork pipe) sxth sells theirs with whatever bungs you want welded on them. 845 also sells a hot side pipe(the whole pipe) I believe its 1/2 inch larger than stock(won't make a huge difference without a cold side pipe between 1/2 to 1 inch larger than stock(add an intercooler for the best performance)

sxth is currently working on a full turbo back exhaust system, they have a great v-band downpipe(makes upgrading the turbo much easier down the road) and an axle back system. Just waiting on the cat back and ill buy it. Expect this to cost 1000 easy.

Thats all I can think of for right now just look at the websites and see what fits you. I'm sure if I missed something voodoo idol knows it. Ive been on here for 6 months and he seems to be the guru on all things vt and es(I'd bet he has some knowledge on the koup too)

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Blood type racing has the best tune I have seen on the market so far and they don't require an ecu I don't believe its about 1200 dollars with spark plugs(required) and catch cans(also required but might find them cheaper elsewhere and a boost solenoid)
Pretty sure the BTR tune comes on a new ECU, hence the larger price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty sure the BTR tune comes on a new ECU, hence the larger price.
That was my thinking and looking at the dyno its pretty decent I think it was 240 whp and 315 wtq plus if hyundai trusts them to tune their sema car I think its worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.