Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here purchase a '18 yet? What did you pay? Looks like the initial round of incentives aren't great - as to be expected I guess.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Looks like they're still offering incentives on the '17's to clear them out first.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like $1000 rebate for the 2018's. And $250 for financing. You can still do Uber and Boostup so that's another $1500 off. One dealer has already discounted their 2018 by $2400: New 2018 Hyundai Elantra For Sale in Brunswick, OH Near Strongsville, Parma Heights, Parma, & Medina, OH | KMHD04LB8JU480333

That dealer $2400 off discount is impressive if it's possible. We can't expect same rebates as 2017's yet. It will come for the 2018's. Just takes time. Question is, will they increase production numbers for 2018? Very difficult car to get for a lot of buyers out there for the 2017 run.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Question is, will they increase production numbers for 2018? Very difficult car to get for a lot of buyers out there for the 2017 run.
Very short production run considering they were only on sale from January-ish until late July. 18's are hitting now, so they've been in production for a month or two.

I posted this on my facebook group page, but I'm curious to know how many non-sunroof cars were produced for 2017. Now that all of them will come with a sunroof from here on out, the non-sunroof cars could end up a little rare.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes I'm kind of surprised they made the sunroof stock on the base model. For those that hate sunroofs, too bad according to Hyundai apparently. I'm sure it was a production/cost saving decision. Does Hyundai break down their production numbers in detail? I haven't found anything yet. Only 450 plus or so 2017's both DCT and manuals left if you go by cars.com. That's not a lot. I'm guessing not even 3000 were made during this 2017 run.

Although early, the 2018's are just trickling out now. I'm hoping we'll see a full ramp up of production in a few months as 2018's are hitting the dealers now way earlier than last year when the car was first released.

No doubt a low volume car.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Does Hyundai break down their production numbers in detail?
No, furthest I have seen is total Elantra's sold so far this year. Nothing more detailed than that. I emailed them and asked a few days ago, no response yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes I'm kind of surprised they made the sunroof stock on the base model. For those that hate sunroofs, too bad according to Hyundai apparently. I'm sure it was a production/cost saving decision. Does Hyundai break down their production numbers in detail? I haven't found anything yet. Only 450 plus or so 2017's both DCT and manuals left if you go by cars.com. That's not a lot. I'm guessing not even 3000 were made during this 2017 run.

Although early, the 2018's are just trickling out now. I'm hoping we'll see a full ramp up of production in a few months as 2018's are hitting the dealers now way earlier than last year when the car was first released.

No doubt a low volume car.
Im kinda hoping it stays low volume. I've enjoyed the fact that I've only seen another 3 (including one at the dealership) other Sports since I started car shopping in January. I like feeling like Im rare :cool: Adds to the whole subtle speed that no one expects me to have haha.:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im kinda hoping it stays low volume. I've enjoyed the fact that I've only seen another 3 (including one at the dealership) other Sports since I started car shopping in January. I like feeling like Im rare :cool: Adds to the whole subtle speed that no one expects me to have haha.:D
I understand. I'm staying in the N. Virginia area for the time being and one of my neighbors had a Grey base Sport. I've never seen another one on the road but drove by his daily. For whatever reason the neighbor either left or sold his. I don't see it any longer. Nor any others on the road. Rare car indeed if you don't see them in this populated area.

Meanwhile Civics are everywhere. The allure is a plus with this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newbie Paid $20902 OTD 18 ES Premium No Sales Tax - Exempted

Bought from Las Vegas dealer 9/2/17

2018 Elantra Sport DCT with Premium Package Symphony Silver 1.6 Turbo

MSRP (with Premium Package; Dest/Handling; Cargo Nets/Floor Mats/Bumper Apllique/Wheel Locks): $26,335.00

Selling Price: $24,865 (+)

BS Stuff by Dealer: $937 (+)

These are: $499 Doc/$199 VIN Etch and Fabrique Treatment/$200 Tint/$39 Title Fee = $937

Discounts: $4900 (-)

Hyundai Standard Offer: $1500
Labor Days Sales Event: $ 500
Uber Affiliate: $1000
Loyalty (Hyundai Owner):$ 500
Military: $ 500
BoostUp Match: $ 500
College Grad: $ 400

BoostUp My Down Payment: $ 500 (-)

OTD Price: $20,402.00

So really I paid: $20,902.00 because I put down $500 for BoostUp matching.

I did not pay sales tax in NV. Drove away to register the car in Washington State via mail while I stay in SoCal for Military Duty.

Did all dealing over internet with 4 dealership in Las Vegas - finally buying from the best offer with OTD price before hand.

I Uber'ed to the dealer; test drove the car that was waiting for me; went to the finance guy; and OTD after 1 hour.

I did not haggle with the BS $937, I figure they have to make money and I was HAPPY with the price.

JD

·
Registered
108 Posts
Excellent price for a 2018! Congrats! Rebates really pushed it down. I wouldn't worry too much about the $937 as half is $499 doc fee. Dealers normally don't waive those. So the dealer got $400 in extras from you. Seems like a nice easy purchase, so let them have a little. IF the deal is a pain in the arse, then I'd say go hard about the bottom price. But that's not the case with your purchase.

Looks like the 2018's are missing $1000 from Hyundai and $500 from financing compared to the 2017's. No shocker there as they just came out. It will increase to $2000 rebate and $750 off for Hyundai financing at some point. Just have to wait it out.

As others have said, hopefully there will be more 2018's out there. This car has been difficult to find for a lot of us for 2017 models. I was just in Des Moines, IA and there wasn't a single Sport in the area. For either year. Pretty bad Hyundai. Pretty bad.

PS. Didn't know they had a $500 off Labor Day rebate. Anyone know how long this will last? And is it available for everyone? No restrictions?

Lastly, was the $850 delivery price included in your pricing? I notice the N. Virginia dealers add it back into their online pricing. Go 50 miles away and it's included. Pretty lame to tack it on and would for sure be a deal breaker for me. About as bad as their $699 doc fees in the same area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excellent price for a 2018! Congrats! Rebates really pushed it down. I wouldn't worry too much about the $937 as half is $499 doc fee. Dealers normally don't waive those. So the dealer got $400 in extras from you. Seems like a nice easy purchase, so let them have a little. IF the deal is a pain in the arse, then I'd say go hard about the bottom price. But that's not the case with your purchase.

Looks like the 2018's are missing $1000 from Hyundai and $500 from financing compared to the 2017's. No shocker there as they just came out. It will increase to $2000 rebate and $750 off for Hyundai financing at some point. Just have to wait it out.

As others have said, hopefully there will be more 2018's out there. This car has been difficult to find for a lot of us for 2017 models. I was just in Des Moines, IA and there wasn't a single Sport in the area. For either year. Pretty bad Hyundai. Pretty bad.

PS. Didn't know they had a $500 off Labor Day rebate. Anyone know how long this will last? And is it available for everyone? No restrictions?

Lastly, was the $850 delivery price included in your pricing? I notice the N. Virginia dealers add it back into their online pricing. Go 50 miles away and it's included. Pretty lame to tack it on and would for sure be a deal breaker for me. About as bad as their $699 doc fees in the same area.
$885 Delivery Fee is included. The extra $500 incentive just showed up 1 Sep - got lucky and able to use it in time. Here are some pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
$885 Delivery Fee is included. The extra $500 incentive just showed up 1 Sep - got lucky and able to use it in time. Here are some pix.
Glad the delivery fee was included. I'm going round and round in the DC area and it's the same BS for all dealers. Here's a decent online quote. Please note it doesn't mean squat until I walk into the dealership:

$25,245-2018 Elantra Sport manual w/Premium Package.
-$1900 dealer discount
-$2000 Hyundai rebate
-$1000 Uber
-$250 Hyundai Finance
-$500 Boost up
$19,595.

Now here's the crap:
+ $885 Delivery charge

+$300 doc fee (I'm fine with this of course as it's standard)
+TTL $535 total I believe for tax and title.

They simply won't budge on adding back in the $885 delivery charge. And when I say adding back in, there's no way around that's what they are doing. A Sport manual w/Premium Package built on the Hyundai site is $24,935 including freight charges. There's even an asterisk on their site. Obviously the dealer added in some extras to get it to $25,245. And I'm fine with that. It's also a decent price on a 2018. However the discount is pretty common in this area. But I won't pay a double delivery fee.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got my 2018 es with pp for 22850 out the door. this was in va and i live in md. try the dealers away from nova chantilly hyundai has the worst sales staff. they tried to charge me twice for freight.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yeah if they are trying to charge you twice for delivery, walk away. Then call Hyundai corporate and tell them.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Vegas dealer is quoting 22k otd for base '18 ES w/ dct I feel like im overpaying even though I understand MSRP is around 24k
USAA TrueCar quote for a base DCT Elantra Sport is $20,525. That's with dealer discount of $1260 and $2000 from Hyundai. That's before any Uber, BoostUp or other rebates so you can get it lower. Add those two in and you're down to $19,025 plus TTL. That's about $1000 more than the DC area, which usually have the lowest prices.

Problem is getting a dealer to honor TrueCar pricing. A few will, but most use it to get people into the dealership and then pricing changes. Go figure. TrueCar pricing is supposed to include delivery. Do Vegas dealers usually tack on a lot of junk?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts