Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still prefer the looks of the ‘17 & ‘18 models. Electronics Technology Subcompact car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Steering wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Butchered is a bit harsh. The only thing I'd change is make the wheels all black.

IMO it would be even more hideous in black. Then it would look like steelies for snow tires where the owner was too cheap to buy hubcaps to at least give it some visual appearance. But I agree the Subaru phony off road wheel look is about as bad as anything on the current new car landscape. :(

Not just the angry chicken slit headlights without a surrounding curve to be seen mars this new version of our car. Nothing can hide those super cheap looking silver triangles on the lower front sides and the surrounding sharp creased metal bodywork, as if copying the ugly Honda Civic was helping anything. In this comparo with the new Mazda 3 sedan, its aptly called the " most botched visual refresh of the year". At least they didn't go all the way to the Civic's gigantic waffle irons on all lower corners of the car, thank heavens for small mercies.

What's happening to car design these days?

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
I JUST bought a 2019, I really like the 4 projector headlamps with the "#7" LED. Another selling point was the lower license plate location which looks way better. I do agree the 17, 18 grill was better, and I hate the triangular turn signals., but overall nothing beats putting the first 100 miles on a new car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
72 Posts
Can't help but drop mine in.... It's white, too. Not much done as of yet - only the tint (5 back, 30 front) and dual dashcam setup. I've only had it for about 2 weeks now, waiting for catch cans and SXTH motor mount to get in.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.