1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Other than looks, the 2019 is technologically better than the 2017-18. Lane keep assist, blind spot collision warning, forward collision avoidance, ect.... That’s a great price but you’ll have to add about $1500 for dealer fees and taxes, right? Still, at $17,500ish you’re getting a really low mileage ES. Oh, one reason it’s priced lower than some other’s is it doesn’t have the Premium Package. That’s a $2,250 option.

Here’s what you need to ask yourself. Do I like black cars (hard to keep clean)? Do I like the way it looks (compared to 17-18)? Do I care if it has the Premium Package?

If you decide to get it just ask for an out the door price. Like $16,500. And see what happens. Btw, brand new mine was $24,700 otd. It does have the PP though.

I just reread your’re initial question..... yes, I did choose the 2019 over the 2017-18. Lol. The only thing I don’t like about my car is the license plate location/rear bumper. it just doesn’t look as sporty as the 2017-18’s. But that’s it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2019, I'm not a fan of the refresh like many here, but of course, price changes things.

I believe much of the appeal that the 2017-18s had were the styling besides the features and performance. For this particular ES, Black is the last color I would want, and my preference would be for the Premium Package, and it looks like Hyundai did not make ANY of the last 6MTs with the package; any search only produced DCTs with the PPs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The 2019, I'm not a fan of the refresh like many here, but of course, price changes things.

I believe much of the appeal that the 2017-18s had were the styling besides the features and performance. For this particular ES, Black is the last color I would want, and my preference would be for the Premium Package, and it looks like Hyundai did not make ANY of the last 6MTs with the package; any search only produced DCTs with the PPs.
That's correct - only the 17/18 ES could be had with MT and Premium pkg. From 2019 onward you could not get the premium pkg with MT. Hyundai did the same with the Elantra GT N line - you can get MT but no premium pkg with it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's correct - only the 17/18 ES could be had with MT and Premium pkg. From 2019 onward you could not get the premium pkg with MT. Hyundai did the same with the Elantra GT N line - you can get MT but no premium pkg with it...
Looks like that 2019 ES sold...

IDK, the brochure didn't say you couldn't get the PP with the manual, but it seems that Hyundai USA didn't import any with the package. I know Canada you could still get it with the package, maybe PR too. Jealous that the EGT N Line with 6MT you were able to get it with a moonroof.

This one is on Carvana: according to CF, it was a Hyundai corporate vehicle

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I found a GG 2017 ES with the PP at Shift locally here in LA, and even booked it for a test drive on Saturday. However, once I got back into town, Shift already said that someone had paid to reserve it and it got sold 😤 Now I'm just watching Autotempest, Cargurus and AT for listings. Hoping to find a CPO one that I like that isn't black, or something close to what I want and cheap enough that I'd get an extended warranty.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What's wrong with the carvana one? It is still under factory warranty, although the 10 year powertrain warranty won't transfer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's wrong with the carvana one? It is still under factory warranty, although the 10 year powertrain warranty won't transfer.
That's pretty pricey for that mileage. I personally got my 2018 about a month ago from a VW dealership with the DCT & PP with 11,100 miles for $16.4k before TTL. Granted I got a stupid good deal for that car but still.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing really, blue isn't my first choice, but the car has the package and most importantly the 6MT. Just at that price, I would think the dealer could sell it with the warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try looking up cars at: carstory.com
It can search a ton of dealers. Nationwide too.
I go on there to drool over the Mitsubishi Evos that I wish I had... and the Model S’s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts