Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure most 19’ owners will agree that the new “Elantra” badging on the trunk is a little over the top. I would like to shave mine but I am unsure if there are holes for the letters. Has anyone tried this yet or do you know if the letters are just simply double sided stuck on or are there pin holes for the letters?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
There shouldn't be any holes. There will be for the Hyundai symbol though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Elantra and Sport badges are held on with sticky tape. I'm not sure how removal of the H logo would go since the trunk release is integrated into it as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hyundai logo is fine 🙂. It’s just the terrible spaced apart “elantra” letters that got to go 🙂

·
Registered
209 Posts
Once they're off, get a rubber wheel, put in a drill at low speed to get all the crap off. Clean the rest off with rubbing alcohol or whatever,give it a polish and you're done.

Get re rubber wheel, it'll make the 1hr job into a 5 min job to get the foamy crap off.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Mine came right off in the Arizona heat by just pulling them off and doing a quick touch-up with some goo gone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with the floss or fishing line and Goo Gone to remove the letters.
I removed the sport badge and slapped on the Red, "Turbo" badge from the Veloster. Purchased off ebay for $10 or so.

a common mod is to plastidip the badges black. I plan on White plasti dipping the "E L A N T R A". instead of murder black on the badge, ghost white to make it more discrete. pics to follow.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
37 Posts
Hyundai logo is fine 🙂. It’s just the terrible spaced apart “elantra” letters that got to go 🙂
The letters are stickied on. That said, check pics of ES' with the lettering taken off. You might like it, might not. Personally, I find it looks empty. I plasti dipped mine instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts