Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2019 Hyundai elantra sport and was looking for aftermarket axle back exhaust systems but all the ones I find only stay there for the 2017 and 2018 model year my question is will those fit the 2019 model year?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Tip placement might not be ideal, as a few in my facebook group have discovered. Axlebacks for the 17-18 tend to sit a bit higher in the opening, one guy even melted his bumper a little. If you go this route I would recommend longer exhaust hangers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tip placement might not be ideal, as a few in my facebook group have discovered. Axlebacks for the 17-18 tend to sit a bit higher in the opening, one guy even melted his bumper a little. If you go this route I would recommend longer exhaust hangers.

Which system was this:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m patiently awaiting my pierce motorsports axle back exhaust now ... Anybody have any reviews or opinions on this

·
Registered
49 Posts
ya the 17-18 system will bolt up, but the bumper cutout and shape of the bumper is different so the tips don't fit as well as they "should"

Tanner from SXTH did just make a post on the FB group asking for someone with a '19 to come by so they can mock something up that will fit better!

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
Got the Jun B.L. exhaust. Does not fit exact. The top of the exhaust tip definitly touches. Imma roll with it for now. No long drives planned for 2 weeks. It seems like the tip is nicely spaced and cut to distribute heat. Please ask questions. Glad to be a guinnie pig.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
You could try longer exhaust hangers.[/QUOTE]

All i need is one longer rubber hanger. went to mieneke whose helped me before, and they had no longer options...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jun B.L tip kinda high sounds nice and deep though. Sounds like a boxer engine. Chill gurgles on downshifts.
would love to see more pics, especially straight on from the rear. hope you can find a longer hanger and that resolves the height issue.

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
I sinched the existing bushing in the middle with a heavy duty plastic wire tie, and a rubber wire tie over it for extra support. Like a chubby guy wearing a really tight belt. Achieved a good .5" gap. Should be good!

I think the mobile app resizing the pics may flip these on there side. Sorry man

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Shortening the middle hanger gave it more room? How does that work?

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
23 Posts
There are 2 hangers that are being used. By Sinching the bushing closest to the tip, it lowered the tip positioning a half inch. Not shortening,,,, but taking the bushing as squeezing it in the middle, like putting a belt on it it, makes the rubber bushing longer, as the middle gets tighter..

The Jun B.L exhaust came with an additional bracket and hanger bushing to be welded or screwed onto the frame, which I am not using. It is not that heavy, i am not racing, and I would prefer not welding or drilling into the frame.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There are 2 hangers that are being used. By Sinching the bushing closest to the tip, it lowered the tip positioning a half inch. Not shortening,,,, but taking the bushing as squeezing it in the middle, like putting a belt on it it, makes the rubber bushing longer, as the middle gets tighter..

The Jun B.L exhaust came with an additional bracket and hanger bushing to be welded or screwed onto the frame, which I am not using. It is not that heavy, i am not racing, and I would prefer not welding or drilling into the frame.
Yeah I have the Jun BL too, was just curious how that worked. I will be using the extra hanger though since I autocross and canyon run quite a bit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sinched the existing bushing in the middle with a heavy duty plastic wire tie, and a rubber wire tie over it for extra support. Like a chubby guy wearing a really tight belt. Achieved a good .5" gap. Should be good!

I think the mobile app resizing the pics may flip these on there side. Sorry man
thanks and smart thinking!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts