Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! After reading the ES won’t be available in a manual for 2020 and the Forte GT will only be available in the hatchback, also no manual here in Canada, I decided to pull the trigger and bought a 2019 ES MT in Golden Flash!
Had the car for a week and am really enjoying it so far.
I had noticed on the many photos and reviews I watched over the last few months that some come with a factory lip spoiler on the trunk but it was not an option here in Canada. Even looking at the American sites I can’t find any option to purchase this elusive part!
Can anyone shed any light on its availability to be purchased anywhere?
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all! After reading the ES won’t be available in a manual for 2020 and the Forte GT will only be available in the hatchback, also no manual here in Canada, I decided to pull the trigger and bought a 2019 ES MT in Blazing Yellow!
Had the car for a week and am really enjoying it so far.
I had noticed on the many photos and reviews I watched over the last few months that some come with a factory lip spoiler on the trunk but it was not an option here in Canada. Even looking at the American sites I can’t find any option to purchase this elusive part!
Can anyone shed any light on its availability to be purchased anywhere?
Cheers!
That 2019 colour is "golden flash", its quite different than the 17-18 blazing yellow.

interesting to hear that the Forte GT would be hatch only, I checked it out at the Toronto Auto show and while i normally love hatches i wasn't sold on the rear end looks.

More to the main point, I'm in the same boat as you! I was bummed to find the trunk spoiler seems to be a USA only thing. Theres a guy on the facebook group from Korea and while he can normally get KDM stuff to us, its not available over there either. I tried to get my friend who works at the dealer to source one but to no avail. I haven't spoken to anyone in a USA parts position yet to see if there is an option to buy it from a USA dealer, but I'd like to eventually. I did find 1 option on ebay but its a different style than the USA OEM one and i'm not a fan, there are lots of others that look similar but they list fitment for 17-19 and don't show pictures of it on the car itself. I bought an ebay/amazon 17-18 spoiler for cheap locally and i can tell you that it doesn't fit, even after trying to modify it with a dremel its just not going to fit right!

If you or anyone else find out how to get the OEM one be sure to post up!

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
22 Posts
following for the lead on a '19 lip and exterior mods.

I was burned on a license plate relocation bracket that fits the 2018, but not the massive bolt the front tow hook requires on the 2019. Yet another part to add to the list of "when will the aftermarket make something for the current production model".

I live not to far from Blood Type Racing, and have been meaning to meet those guys and see if they have any suggestions, connections, or inside tips on these kinds of things.

I Just bought the 2018 Jun BL single Exhaust off Ebay and i'm REALLY hoping the tip fits properly. definitely pics once installed.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I Just bought the 2018 Jun BL single Exhaust off Ebay and i'm REALLY hoping the tip fits properly. definitely pics once installed.
The tips are adjustable so you might be OK. We have found that most exhaust for 17-18 sit too high for the 19's. Slightly longer exhaust hangers might fix that.

Reactions: RobbyK

·
Registered
49 Posts
looking forward to this! exhaust upgrade for me is a future mod, mainly to get rid of the ugly tip that i've never liked!

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
22 Posts
Here is pic of https://billetworkz.com/collections/window-vents
fit is pretty good. not Spot on. you just roll the windows up and sandwich these vinyl inserts in the sill. The mesh insert is a really cheap foam that is not that durable, but keeps the bugs out so you can have the windows cracked and keep the bugs out on a hot day. Best used with all windows rolled up, or else you get a bad whistle sound from the air rushing through the foam vents. definitely overpriced for what you get, but i was set on this look.

also an ebay rear window spoiler https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roof-Glass-wing-Spoiler-Painted-Black-Color-For-Hyundai-Elantra-2019/273809755353?hash=item3fc0554cd9:g:pwoAAOSw56Fctpjr
which I acknowledge is most likely counterproductive for aerodynamics on our vehicle, but the gloss black matches the regular spoiler and trim on the '19 sport. Fit is perfect. it has 3 clips to hook around the top of the glass, decent tape all around and a sealant you have to put on your glass strategical.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you guys find any lip / diffusers / or something that can hold a quad exhaust setup for the 2019 ES?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Btw all the performance mods of the 17 and 18 will fit 19. I have a axle back for the 2017. The mid pipe, downpipe, intake, everything is the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Pretty crappy picture but that's all I got rn as its raining and I had to get it inside. I'll try take some more soon enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts