Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've long had a plan to put the current Veloster Turbo engine cover on my car, but upon doing some research I discovered that it required a couple extra mounting locations. The VT has two posts on the intake manifold for the cover to snap on to, but the ES does not have those posts. Some modifications would need to be made in the form of a custom bracket. I was recently going to try and get this done, and then while watching a review for the 2019 VT I discovered that they have a REALLY nice engine cover (see below) that I thought would work perfectly due to that car having the same version of the 1.6 that we have.

I reached out to Albert Hwang (GREAT guy, great pricing, SUPER FAST shipping) in my facebook group and he was able to locate a car to acquire the VIN and get the engine cover ordered. It shipped from South Korea just past midnight my time on Wednesday morning and I received it today at 11:30am. :eek: I don't know how he does it but the guy is a wizard when it comes to shipping. Either way, got home from work, ripped it out of the box and was disappointed to find that it required the same two posts on the intake manifold that we don't have. :(

So, going to have to try and make this one work too but it will be worth it because it looks great. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with Albert to get one ordered. Price would be $130 shipped. :cool:

Here is the cover as installed in a '19 Veloster Turbo:

And here is the bottom:

And here is a fitment issue with the SXTH intake that's easy to fix, just need a 90 degree fitting:

Reactions: birdman

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did you just lay it over for the picture? It does look rather nice, honestly.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was just sitting on top of the rear posts, it will push on to those no problem. Going to Lowes tomorrow for some aluminum flat bar, nuts & bolts and a 90 degree 1/4 NPT fitting and we should be set.

·
Registered
288 Posts
**** that looks WAY better than our covers hahah

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice OEM+ upgrade - even the carbon fiber-ish look on the engine cover looks awfully similar to the interior trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.