·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT
7 Posts
/sigh. I kinda like the redesign, but it really does look just like a Sonata other than the back. While I don't mind the Sonata, my biggest beef is the fact they are sticking to the anemic 1.6T and this terrible DCT. Oh well, it is what it is, and doing it this way keeps the pricing down where most people can afford it. :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
/sigh. I kinda like the redesign, but it really does look just like a Sonata other than the back. While I don't mind the Sonata, my biggest beef is the fact they are sticking to the anemic 1.6T and this terrible DCT. Oh well, it is what it is, and doing it this way keeps the pricing down where most people can afford it. :)
I wouldn't necessarily call it anemic. I think if that is your word for it, you bought the wrong car. Either way, it's not the same engine despite the similar power numbers.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT
7 Posts
@R1600Turbo I take it back, then. :) I can agree I probably bought the wrong vehicle, but it is may also be a case of my car not performing like it should. I got the OBD reader and the app to read the boost, so that I can make a better assessment of its performance. It just feels like the 2.0L with the Auto performed better on acceleration than this ES. According to the linked article:
Powering the Elantra N Line is the same turbocharged 1.6-liter engine featured in the old Elantra Sport and GT N Line, as well as the Veloster Turbo.
I do also agree that my disgruntlement with it may be more with the transmission than the engine...

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT
5 Posts
I personally love the new look, especially the rear.I was not a fan of the 2019/2020 fronts, hence why I picked up a 2018, but I think they've done a good job of shaping that front. Not a huge fan of the interior, especially missing the D shape wheel and making the infotainment screen a cheaper model. The drive select switch is an interesting add-on that I felt was missing from my 6MT 2018.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any word on if the Bose/premium pack is available on the '21 N-Line? On the configurator it says no package. But other trim levels on the '21 Elantra show convenience and/or premium pack. If Hyundai thinks that people who would buy an N-Line don't care about a good stereo or better tech, they're absurd. Plus, they went from all-leather to leather/cloth mix? Really not sure if I'd "upgrade"...

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Cheaper infotainment probably due to costs.

Honestly I would have preferred the ES came with cloth seats anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts