Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I am expecting to collect my ES later this month and have already ordered a new set of wheels (17x8 ET42) to go with it as soon it's picked up. I'm not a big fan of the OEM 17" wheels here, which I believe is unique to my country.

*Malaysian market OEM 17" wheels

Anyhow, I am planning to run the new wheels with 235/45/17 Yokohama Advan AD08R tires, which is slightly taller and wider than the OEM 225/45/17 Hankooks. The big question is: Will this combo rub with the stock suspension? I am definitely getting coilovers further down the road but am still waiting for more options to be made available before biting the bullet. Would really appreciate any input from you guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock tire should be 225/40R18. Depending on how much you lower it, you should be fine.
I plan to run it on the stock suspension for a while, probably until I find a good set of coilovers. Even then the drop will be very minor. I sure hope it doesn't rub during hard or track driving.

Unfortunately, we only get 17s here with no options for the 18s. Small market and all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure hope it doesn't rub during hard or track driving.
Some sway bars would go a long way to preventing that.
Hmmm that's tough. Would like to buy my coilovers first before getting any sway bars. Where's most likely to rub? It seems there's less poke in the rear based on the many images I've seen in the forum - would you say that the fronts would be an issue?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hmmm that's tough. Would like to buy my coilovers first before getting any sway bars. Where's most likely to rub? It seems there's less poke in the rear based on the many images I've seen in the forum - would you say that the fronts would be an issue?
My thought is the rear would be the easiest to rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.