Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue for a few months now and cant find any direct answers online. Car is a 6MT with 17k miles on it, regularly serviced by dealer. During WOT the car WILL NOT shift into 3rd from 2nd. I have never launched this car from a dead start or abused it in any way. It seems to me that any shifting from 2nd after 4k RPM causes issues (whether it feels like something is smacking the shifter or full blown wont go into gear). Wondering if i'm missing something because I never experienced this issue with other manual trans car's i've owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue with my DD Accent. Just like yours when shifting 2-3 at high RPM it feels like something is kicking the shifter back, blocking it from engaging and mine has even caused grinding on occasion. I dont know the exact cause as i never really looked since im not ringing its neck that often but I did find that if i bottom out the clutch during that scenario it seems to aleviate the issue. So before looking mecanically you could give that a shot and see if it works for you too.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I had some minor trouble getting into 3rd on WOT pulls, but since installing stiffer bushings in the lower engine mount, and installing all of SXTH Element's shifter base and cable bushings, absolutely no issues. Topped it off with a B&M short shifter and it's heaven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts