Elantra Sport Forum banner

3 Port Catch Can for PCV and CCV???

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  muzzy 
#1 ·
Hey all. new member that will have an ES in his driveway in the very near future here. Have a question i can't really find an answer to that i'll throw out there. (I'll throw up a proper intro post when i get the thing)

Would I be able to use a 3 port catch can to filter the PCV AND the crankcase vent simultaneously? I.e. like this mishimoto can- https://www.mishimoto.com/compact-baffled-oil-catch-can-3-port.html

I was thinking i would like to just have a single can for the pcv at least, and avoid a dual can setup (mainly because i'm cheap, and don't really want the "clutter"). This would be a dual in, single out setup, so the pcv and ccv would enter the can separately and the air would then go back to the intake through 1 outlet......is that possible or advisable with the 1.6t?

If not i'd likely run 1 can on the pcv side and probably a breather delete setup for the crankcase vent. Thanks for the input!

#3 ·
Yes, I also find that the breather side spits nothing on mine as I originally set it up breather side only. Now I just moved it to PCV side. This SAAS Can I got is perfect fit behind my battery (Australian SR Turbo version) using the bracket it came with.

Attachments

#9 ·
Hey mate,

Was just wondering did you have to make any modifications to make the catch can fit behind the battery? Considering purchasing the rectangular catch can you have in the attached image. Also a fellow SR owner looking for an alternative and more accessible option over the options available in the states. Cheers!

#5 ·
Don't get the SAAS ones I found them to leak at the bottom. The one way valve is good for the PCV side flowing to the catch can. I got mine for online from Online Auto Parts in Australia. Just Google them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.