Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on guys. just posting a quick write up for someone looking for that blowoff sound but doesn't have money to thrown down for an intake just yet.

Tools needed:
- flathead screw driver.
- pliers.

Parts needed:
- 1 inch chair leg boot.
- 1 inch hose clamp.

total parts at Home Depot came out to 4$.
the one I went to only had the rubber boot in white.

install takes less than 10 minutes.

Step 1: pop the hood.
Step 2: locate the BPV hose. which is the one that fits into the side of the intake with the metal clamp.
step3: remove it and place the boot on top of the intake side.
step4: Follow the hose down to the factory diverter valve and remove the hose all together for a louder blow off sound or tie wrap the top part of the hose to your engine bay to keep it from sliding around and keep the sound lower.
Step 5: enjoy the cheap mod.

Obs: whatever you do don't put a filter or obstruct the BPV outlet in any way.

so far no check engine lights were thrown and sounds ok for what it is.
can't go wrong for a 5 dollar mod and if needed can put back on the car for 10 minutes for any warranty work.

when I get some spare cash I will go for a true intake and blow of valve option, but for now this will do. I will post some videos tomorrow to show how it sounds.

Whats every ones opinion on this mod? post some videos if you have any of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I did it for a day and then put it back as I hated the sound. It's similar to a BOV but not exact enough. Sounds more like Darth Vader. :p I have a SXTH intake with the recirculation port and like that much better.

With that said, if you use a 7/8" chair boot you won't need a clamp to hold it on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it for a day and then put it back as I hated the sound. It's similar to a BOV but not exact enough. Sounds more like Darth Vader. :p I have a SXTH intake with the recirculation port and like that much better.

With that said, if you use a 7/8" chair boot you won't need a clamp to hold it on.
thanks for the heads up dude. yea this is a temporary mod until I opt for something like you did, ill probably go with Sxth as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I feel like a majority of us have done this or considered it. I had mine like that for about a week and put it back to normal when my girlfriend used the car to take her driver's test. I went with a SXTH intake because I like the seamless look that mandrel bent has over welds.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Open element short ram with a recirc port sounds way better than just taking the hose off IMO. But good looks on the write up, I’m sure someone could use it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Open element short ram with a recirc port sounds way better than just taking the hose off IMO. But good looks on the write up, I’m sure someone could use it.
I hear you man, for sure that sounds better and an actual intake even more so, this is a mod for someone that wants to mod on a very tight budget but still get some blow off noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did this cheap mod today, LOVE IT! The 7/8 fits perfectly without a hose clamp. I used black ones I found and it looks nice and clean. I know it’s no BOV or intake but I’m leasing the car and this is a great option. Took 3 minutes and I can swap it back when I go get my free oil changes at the dealer. Thanks again for the right up 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.