Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on doing some light modding to my new 2018 Black ES. I was curious to learn what springs those of you who had dropped your car, went with and if you had supporting pictures to show the wheel gap and possibly front bumper clearance as well?

Second, I want to add spacers to my car and know that 5mm and 20mm are my only options without modding the existing studs. Not an option at all. 20mm is bit much for me, though does add a nice ( slightly more than flush) look. 5mm seems like a good compromise and again, I am turning to you all on the forum for help in pointing me to a supporting vendor who offers 5mm for our cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Your main spring choices for this car are Storm and Meccatune. Eibach were working on some but lost their R&D car so chances of those hitting the market are slim.

As far as the spacers go, any spacer will do. Just make sure they are hub centric.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your main spring choices for this car are Storm and Meccatune. Eibach were working on some but lost their R&D car so chances of those hitting the market are slim.

As far as the spacers go, any spacer will do. Just make sure they are hub centric.
Thank you for my reply. Apologies on the delay, it seems my last reply never went through.

I picked up 20mm spacers and will look into springs. Not so sure if I want to compromise the ride height simply for aesthetics as this will be a daily driver + family car. Considering the all in costs of such, it may take a back seat.

I'll look to update this thread with pictures of the 20mm spacers on stock wheels for anyone searching and looking for visual reference.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
20mm spacers!:eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
What's the issue?

Isn't that a lot? I ask because although I'm into cars, all types of cars, I'm not into that aspect of the hobby;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't that a lot? I ask because although I'm into cars, all types of cars, I'm not into that aspect of the hobby;)
Gotcha. I agree, 20mm is a lot. 20mm was the logical option as cutting studs wasn't to me. 5mm wouldn't be much of an improvement (no cutting studs) aesthetically, so 20mm was the choice.

The good in spacers on this car (and one this thick) is that they're not free floating. By that I mean, they just don't just float on the hub like other spacers do with other cars. They are tightened down with a set of lugs.

Once I get them on, I'll be able to discern whether I stick with them for a daily driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts