Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I pulled the trigger on getting a down pipe. I must say the down pipe quality is pretty **** good. Granted time will tell how it will hold up to the midwest weather conditions. The wait for the pipe was 2 months, so if any one of you are in a hurry to get it, you might want to try another vendor. But I will say again, the pipe looks awesome and the welds are perfect. As the install went, it took about 2 hours from start to finish. The space back there is tight and the three nuts that secure the pipe to the turbo housing ended up being one time use. So I had to find new nuts to use, good thing I wrench and have some laying around or I would have been screwed. Once the pipe was removed the installation went very well and the fitment is probably the best I have seen. As mentioned I wrench so I do see some crap that is out there. The exhaust note is somewhat noticeable. The noise has increased but not by much. I am very pleased with the improvement of the downpipe. Now on to the tune and I shall be done with the motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: A week after I installed the downpipe I contacted Kyle of 845 regarding a tune. I placed an order shortly after the text message exchange. Texting is the only way to get a hold of anyone from them to which is pretty sad. After a week went by I hit up Kyle asking about where the dongle kit is. Needless to say I got the run around for another two weeks, before I finally called paypal to start a claim to get my money back. I had to wait the 10 days for 845 to respond. I know Kyle got the message from paypal, caused he asked via text why I filed a claim? Seriously he was asking? Of course no response from Kyle to paypal, so I ultimately got my full refund. HOLY CRAP 845, good thing you guys have other jobs, because frankly you guys suck.....a lot!! I do hope Kyle reads this, but I am sure they are well aware of their issues and clearly don't care. So with that said, do not spend your hard earned cash with these guys, because they are not working hard to earn it. I must say the downpipe is good quality, but the transactions are horrific.
You have been warned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got on the facebook pre-order band wagon the beginning of the year for a hot pipe, paid half on February 14th, paid the remainder on July 27th. September 8th, yet to have gotten anything, including a tracking number.... First and last time I will ever have any dealings with 845.... lol

Reactions: Stu_Padaso

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got on the facebook pre-order band wagon the beginning of the year for a hot pipe, paid half on February 14th, paid the remainder on July 27th. September 8th, yet to have gotten anything, including a tracking number.... First and last time I will ever have any dealings with 845.... lol
Not surprised in the least to be honest. Sorry to hear. This is why I posted up, people need to be aware.

·
Registered
175 Posts
oh trust me they care about the issues. unfortunately they aren't able to find anyone willing to do fabrications so they only have bill which is a shame. But I agree, the communication could also be better. I was only lucky to live close to the shop so I was the first person to receive the hot-pipe. On another note the products they produce are 100.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly in my opinion they could care less about what the customer thinks. They clearly do not have the good credit or capital to have a stock of material. Not that this a bad thing. And Bill's attention to detail is probably the best I have seen in the aftermarket world. The main issue as previously mentioned is the constant dodging of customer inquires. The typical response is "I'll look into that, it hasn't shipped, still waiting on the parts to arrive". If a person wants a great product but doesnt mind getting the part no sooner than a month or two, then it might be worth the wait. But again, in my opinion, this is horrible service and I did warn those. I have no qualms about placing an order that may take some time as long as I am told upfront. Good luck to those who decide to go with them. I worry that if I run into an issue with my downpipe that they will not stand behind their product or in the least take another two months to rectify the issue.

oh trust me they care about the issues. unfortunately they aren't able to find anyone willing to do fabrications so they only have bill which is a shame. But I agree, the communication could also be better. I was only lucky to live close to the shop so I was the first person to receive the hot-pipe. On another note the products they produce are 100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.